Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
I mean he's not elite, but he beat Ishe :ld:

Is that a 'status' ? And :scusthov: if he really tweeted that, taking sublime shots at AB?

That's why he deleted it...if AB got word of it, and the fact Floyd is so tight with Haymon, it can ruin Vanes' career.

Dude will be on that Gervonta Davis shelf:heh:

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Al Haymon has gotten Vanes Martirosyan opportunities to get in the ring and face Demetrius Andrade, Jermell Charlo, and Erislandy Lara 2x...and he went 0-3-1 in those fights.

Al Haymon is the one holding him back though:troll:

shyt reminds me of Dib when he was mad at 50, but not mad at himself for under-performing in all of those opportunities :mjlol:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
shyt reminds me of Dib when he was mad at 50, but not mad at himself for under-performing in all of those opportunities :mjlol:
yeah thats on Dib...that fukk...50 maybe a shytty promoter but Dib is lucky that he was able to pick up a belt..boxing is so strange like that :smh:

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
yeah thats on Dib...that fukk...50 maybe a shytty promoter but Dib is lucky that he was able to pick up a belt..boxing is so strange like that :smh:

Exactly, and he was on like 3 televised cards for the year at that.

50 did everything he could do. At the end of the day, the boxer has to win fights.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Exactly, and he was on like 3 televised cards for the year at that.

50 did everything he could do. At the end of the day, the boxer has to win fights.

yeah...that first fight he had with 50 as a promoter on TV, he lost his title to gradovich who was like a last minute opponent..the second fight (which i was there for :scust:) he struggled with a weak chinned past prime mike oliver and nearly came close to losing by DQ..then gets on a PPV and gets stopped by gradovich, who had proper time to train this time around, in one sided fashion

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
Not yet...I need him to step out publically and say exactly what's wrong with PBC in his opinion, so we can have some insight into how it works with fighters dealing directly with Haymon.
Almost zero percent chance of that happening unfortunately

There's a 'well-known' manager on cacsideboxing who manages west coast/southwest mainly Hispanic fighters who said he will deal with PBC only as a last result. But dude seems to be very 'middle of the pack' IE no star guys, and praises Top Rank all the time. Mostly with shyt like paying on time, options on a fight, fights offered per year etc etc.

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
Highlights from Bread's mailbag:

On Ward vs. Kovalev:

Yes I did think Hopkins would be more competitive with Kovalev. No excuses. I thought Hopkins would take him on the inside and smother his power to an extent. But Kovalev won every round and in a dominant performance. He managed the distance better than I thought he would. People actually criticized him for not being able to knock Hopkins out but it’s almost impossible to knock Hopkins out once he gets in a defensive mode.

Nevertheless I’m standing by my prediction that Kovalev vs Ward will be much closer. Much more hotly contested. Ward doesn’t have a history of letting rounds go by. I’ve never really seen him allow a guy to win rounds against him. He’s very conscious and reactive when it comes to that. Where as Hopkins will lure you in for a few a rounds and allow you to fatigue yourself. Andre Ward doesn’t do that. He tries to outpoint and frustrate his opponents every single round.

I also believe that Ward will have better stamina down the stretch than Kovalev. Kovalev pushed like hell to stop Hopkins but he was fatigued. I also saw a fatigued fighter vs Chilemba. I agree that he wasn’t in tip top shape vs Chilemba. But I also think he doesn’t leave the cleanest lifestyle in between fights. He seems to blow up in weight and I have seen him with drinks in his hands attending fights. Every little thing counts when it comes to a fighter’s gas tank. I think Ward has the better natural lungs. I think Ward ekes this one out.

Mythical Pryor matchups:

Pacquiao is the better puncher of the two for one shot and I think the hand speed is comparable but the slight edge to Pac. Pryor is just so dam crazy and relentless he’s able to overcome tactical disadvantages. Let’s just say they may have to fight 3 times to settle it.

Hawk vs JCC is another tough one. Chavez is as clever a fighter I have ever seen circa 87-91. He would ride and catch lots of Pryor’s shots and he would counter him to the body. But he would probably give up lots of points doing so. Let’s say Pryor by a disputed decision where he looks worn down towards the end.

Mayweather vs Pryor is a tough fight stylistically for Floyd. If you can’t hurt Pryor, he is extremely difficult to move away from him and box him. He forces you to fight. Nobody was ever able to box Aaron Pryor. Nobody. He swarms in a different kind of way. Floyd is much stronger than people realize and his inside game is nasty. It would have to be. But going by Maidana1, Castillo1, Hatton and Augustus. In The rock, paper, scissors of boxing. A swarmer can overcome a boxer. I would take the Hawk by decision. I know he doesn’t have a better legacy than Floyd but this is head to head.

Whitaker vs Pryor. Whitaker has a natural higher volume than most pure boxers. He really puts a jab on you and despite the myth he’s brutal to the body. He would have to be vs Aaron Pryor. Had Pryor lived a little cleaner outside of the ring this fight could’ve happened. I honestly can’t call this one. Again I think they would have to fight 3 times to settle it.

For @Newzz

State of Ohio top 5. Let’s see the best would have to be Ezzard Charles. We can also put Joey Maxim, Jimmy Bivins, Aaron Pryor and Ray Mancini.

Still getting asked about GGG and opponents:

I think GGG is a bad man! I think his critics need to get off of his back. Specifically fighters at 160lbs are not in a hurry to fight him. In his negotiations with the best middleweights in the world, they always need more time, more money and more tune up fights. What does that say about Golovkin? Unless you are with a smaller promoter like Willie Monroe was, OR you get paid well above market value you will not Golovkin. Period!

Danny Jacobs is a terrific fighter but if he doesn’t take the fight, he doesn’t take the fight. I haven’t given it much thought because GGG is already the WBA super champion. Danny Jacobs is the WBA regular Champion. I would assume as far as legacy Jacobs needs this fight not GGG. Golovkin in my opinion is the best middleweight since prime Bernard Hopkins. If middleweights of his era don’t want to challenge him, in essence they are standing down and conceding he is the supreme fighter in the weight class. There is no other way to look at it.

For the record I think Golovkin should call Erislandy Lara’s bluff. Offer him the money he offered Jacobs and make that fight. No one can say he’s picking on Lara because Lara has been calling him out. I know Lara is a junior middleweight but he’s viewed as a top 20 p4p fighter, he has a name and he has ability. I for one would like to see it. I repeat no notable fighter at 160 will fight this man. He’s too dangerous.

The state of Danny Garcia's career right now:

I think Danny Garcia has a solid legacy. He has some solid wins and he has controversial wins. He fights some tough fights where he’s the underdog,then he fights some easy fights where he is the overwhelming favorite. I think the problem the fans have with him is he seems to go from one extreme to the next. If he fights Keith Thurman like he said he would next then I tip my hat to him.

I don’t think Danny is trying to duck Thurman. I think he’s laying the ground work for a Canelo PPV fight if he beats Thurman. I don’t want to speculate on a Garcia vs Canelo fight yet. Let’s see how he handles Thurman.