Votes: 3 2.2%
  • They'll find a way to snub Hip Hop

Votes: 44 31.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Here we are Booth brehs. Another year, another Grammys thread.

This year is truly an exceptional year for Hip Hop representation at the Grammys. The 2018 ceremony will include one or Hip Hop artists being nominated in all 4 general categories. Not only that, a member of Hip Hop's elder statesmen, Jay-Z, is the most nominated artist this year with 8 nominations; including Album Of The Year (4:44) Song Of The Year (4:44) and Record Of The Year (The Story Of OJ)

Right behind Jay-Z is Hip Hop's most acclaimed and celebrated artist of the new school, Kendrick Lamar. With 7 nominations including Album Of The Year (Damn.) and Record Of The Year (Humble)

Not to be outdone is Rapper/Singer/Actor/ Wunderkind Childish Gambino AKA Donald Glover. Who is coming into 2018 as arguably the most acclaimed black performer of the past two years. Although mostly known as the the auteur behind the masterpiece that is tv's Atlanta; Glover is nominated for his most polarizing, daring, and funkiest album to date, Awaken My Love. Which has garnered him 5 nominations including Album Of The Year and Record Of The Year (Redbone)

Another Hip Hop artist of note is Logic, who is nominated for Song Of The Year for his suicide prevention anthem 1-800-273-8255

Below are the official Nomination categories which include a Hip Hop Artist

ALBUM OF THE YEAR

Jay-Z- 4:44
Kendikk Lamar- Damn.
Childish Gambino- Awaken My Love
Lorde- Melodrama
Bruno Mars- 24K Magic

RECORD OF THE YEAR

Childish Gambino- Redbone
Jay-Z- The Story Of OJ
Kendrick Lamar- Humble
Luis Fonsi & Daddy Yankee Featuring Justin Beiber- Despacito
Bruno Mars- 24K Magic

SONG OF THE YEAR

Luis Fonsi & Daddy Yankee Featuring Justin Beiber- Despacito
Logic featuring Khalid and Alysa Cara- 1-800-273-8255
Thats What I Like- Bruno Mars
Julia Michaels- Issues

BEST NEW ARTIST

Lil Uzi Vert
Khalid
Alyssa Cara
SZA
Julia Michaels

RAP ALBUM OF THE YEAR

Kendrick Lamar- Damn.
Rhapsody- Laila's Wisdom
Migos- Culture
Tyler The Creator- Flower Boy

BEST RAP SONG

Cardi- B- Bodak Yellow
Kendrick Lamar- Humble
Danger Mouse Featuring RTJ- Chase Me
Sassy- Rhapsody
Jay-Z- The Story Of OJ

BEST RAP PERFORMANCE

Big Sean- Bounce Back
Kendrick Lamar- Humble
Kodak Yellow- Cardi B
Migos- Bad And Boujee

BEST RAP/SUNG PERFORMANCE

6LACK- PRBLMS
Goldlink Featuring Shy Glizzy
Jay-Z Featuring Beyonce- Family Feud
Kendrick Lamar Featuring Rihanna- Loyalty
SZA Featuring Travis Scott- Love Galore

The 60th Grammy ceremony will be held on January 28th.

Who do you think will win and in which category?

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Gold derby suggests that the competition in Best Rap Song between K.Dot and Hov is too close to tell

This award for rap songwriters was created in 2004, and since then Jay-Z has been nominated 11 times, winning three: for “Run This Town” (2010), “Empire State of Mind” (2011), and “N*ggas in Paris” (2013). That makes Jay-Z the second most awarded artist in this category behind Kanye West, who has won six times. Jay-Z is also the most nominated artist at this year’s event with eight total bids including Album of the Year (“4:44”). Under normal circumstances that would make him a shoo-in.

But the irony is that while Jay-Z is also up for Record of the Year (“The Story of O.J.”) and Song of the Year (“4:44”) in the general field, his nominations are reversed in the rap categories, with his performance nomination coming for “4:44” and his songwriting bid for “Story of O.J.” That complicates matters somewhat when it comes to predicting this race since we would normally be able to look to the general field to identify frontrunners in genre categories.

Link to full article

2018 Grammy predictions: Kendrick Lamar & Jay-Z face off for Best Rap Song after multiple songwriting victories for both

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Of course there are white tears due to the lack of no White men being nominated in the general categories...

CNN)For the first time since 1999, there are no white male solo artists nominated for a best album Grammy and people have definite feelings about that.

This year's nominees for album of the year are Jay-Z's "4:44," "Awaken, My Love!" by Childish Gambino, "DAMN" by Kendrick Lamar, "Melodrama" by Lorde and "24K Magic" by Bruno Mars.

Link to full article

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cn...ainment/grammys-white-men-shut-out/index.html

mr x

Superstar
Daps
ALBUM OF THE YEAR

Kendikk Lamar- Damn.
Childish Gambino- Awaken My Love
Lorde- Melodrama
Bruno Mars- 24K Magic*

RECORD OF THE YEAR

Childish Gambino- Redbone
Jay-Z- The Story Of OJ
Kendrick Lamar- Humble
Luis Fonsi & Daddy Yankee Featuring Justin Beiber- Despacito*
Bruno Mars- 24K Magic

SONG OF THE YEAR

Luis Fonsi & Daddy Yankee Featuring Justin Beiber- Despacito*
Logic featuring Khalid and Alysa Cara- 1-800-273-8255
Thats What I Like- Bruno Mars
Julia Michaels- Issues

BEST NEW ARTIST

Lil Uzi Vert
Khalid
Alyssa Cara
SZA*
Julia Michaels

RAP ALBUM OF THE YEAR

Kendrick Lamar- Damn.*
Rhapsody- Laila's Wisdom
Migos- Culture
Tyler The Creator- Flower Boy

BEST RAP SONG

Cardi- B- Bodak Yellow
Kendrick Lamar- Humble*
Danger Mouse Featuring RTJ- Chase Me
Sassy- Rhapsody
Jay-Z- The Story Of OJ*my pick

BEST RAP PERFORMANCE

Big Sean- Bounce Back
Kendrick Lamar- Humble*
Kodak Yellow- Cardi B
Migos- Bad And Boujee

BEST RAP/SUNG PERFORMANCE

6LACK- PRBLMS
Goldlink Featuring Shy Glizzy
Jay-Z Featuring Beyonce- Family Feud
Kendrick Lamar Featuring Rihanna- Loyalty
SZA Featuring Travis Scott- Love Galore*

Best music video
Beck
Jain
Jay
Kenny
Logic*

"I can see the future like cleo the psychic"

Just guesses. I can see them throw a couple swerves tho.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
AXS predicts Kendrick to take home AOTY

In a refreshing swerve, Album of the Year veers away from the predictable for some of the year's truly dynamic and compelling creators. Kendrick Lamar, whose last album To Pimp a Butterfly lost this category in 2016 to Taylor Swift's massive 1989, is back with his latest record, DAMN., which is also nominated for Best Rap Album. For the 2018 Grammy Awards, Lamar snagged major recognition elsewhere, too, in Record of the Year, Best Rap Song, Best Rap Performance and Best Music Video (all for "Humble") and Best Rap/Sung Collaboration (for the Rihanna-assisted "Loyalty"). In a year of hip-hop crossover, Lamar stands as a beacon of change.

Link to full article

https://www.axs.com/2018-grammy-predictions-kendrick-lamar-s-damn-to-take-home-album-of-th-126070

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Gambino to perform :salute:

It looks like selections from Childish Gambino‘s epic Awaken, My Love! album will finally get just the sort of glorious, national audience they deserve. On Thursday (Jan. 4), it was announced that Gambino, perhaps equally well-known for his born name Donald Glover, will take the stage to perform at the 2018 Grammy Awards. It will be his first time performing at the typically star-studded awards show.

Read More: Childish Gambino to Perform at 2018 Grammy Awards - XXL | Childish Gambino to Perform at 2018 Grammy Awards - XXL

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Gold Derby weighs in on Jay-Z’s odds for SOTY

Jay-Z is the most nominated artist at the Grammys this year with eight bids including Song of the Year for “4:44,” the title track from his critically acclaimed album. He was nominated for Song of the Year once before, for co-writing Rihanna‘s “Umbrella” (2008) on which he was a featured artist. But not many of our users think he has a shot in the top songwriting race this year. As of this writing he ranks last with 7/1 odds. But the history of this category shows that he may be more of a threat than we think.

Link to full article

Redirect Notice

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Gold Derby debates Cardi B’s chances to upset

Could Cardi B pull off one of the biggest upsets at this year’s Grammys? She’s nominated for Best Rap Performance and Best Rap Song for “Bodak Yellow,” one of the biggest hits in either category and one of the rare number-one hits for a solo female rapper. However, she’s up against a pair of juggernauts in both races: Jay-Z and Kendrick Lamar who have eight and seven nominations, respectively, more than any other artist this year. Jay and Lamar are also nominated for Album of the Year, but are they really indomitable here?

https://www.google.com/amp/www.gold...rammys-upset-bodak-yellow-news-408625197/amp/