The Ongoing Kaepernick Controversy Shows Much Of White America Is Still In 'Slave Patrol' Mode

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
Full article in the link in description, but no lies were told and I agree.

The slave patrols live.

Just ask any of the people at Nike who answer the phones and are dealing with an avalanche of angry white callers throwing the N-word around and complaining about Nike treating Kaepernick with respect. Trump, Pence, and billionaire Rupert Murdoch’s Fox News are ginning up even more racist hysteria on a near-daily basis.

But this doesn’t come out of thin air. There’s a long history of whites trashing blacks when they protest the systems whites have put in place to keep them down.

Policing people of color, which our history teaches was a “government function” handled by the southern states back in the day, was actually a largely civilian effort, although it depended on the support and constant encouragement of political leaders within government.

Policing people of color, which our history teaches was a “government function” handled by the southern states back in the day, was actually a largely civilian effort, although it depended on the support and constant encouragement of political leaders within government.

So, too, today’s largely civilian, male, and white “slave patrols” are on the lookout for anybody who may support Colin Kaepernick in his protests of police killings of unarmed black people. And those civilians, being called to arms by Trump and Pence with lies that Kaepernick doesn’t “respect” the flag or the national anthem, are flooding into the public square, from Twitter to retail stores.

At the core of modern American policing (particularly in the South), and at the creation of the Second Amendment, we find the slave patrols that were the first militia of the southern states. They’re also essential to the modern neo-confederate and white supremacist efforts to demonize black people whenever they stand up for their rights.

In Georgia, for example, a generation before the American Revolution, the colonial government passed laws in 1755 and 1757 that required all white men 17-47 years old to be members of the Georgia Militia, and for those armed Militia members to make monthly inspections of the quarters of every slave in the state. The law defined which counties had which armed militias, and explicitly required armed militia members to keep a keen eye out for slaves who may be planning uprisings.

As Dr. Carl T. Bogus wrote for the University of California Law Review in 1998, “The Georgia statutes required patrols, under the direction of commissioned militia officers, to examine every plantation each month and authorized them to search ‘all Negro Houses for offensive Weapons and Ammunition’ and to apprehend and give twenty lashes to any slave found outside plantation grounds.”

Just as African Americans have been economically disenfranchised since the founding of America, the white billionaire owners of the NFL are continuing that tradition by denying Kaepernick an opportunity to practice his craft. Now Trump and Pence are encouraging the NFL to extend that economic segregation, that redlining, to any other players who may join the protest.

Nike has now stepped up to embrace Kaepernick, in what many Republicans are calling a “crazy” marketing campaign, which has brought this all to the top of the news again. But is it crazy?

Maybe. Or maybe it’s just crazy enough to finally wake white America up to what’s been happening for centuries to our black brothers and sisters.

The Ongoing Kaepernick Controversy Shows Much of White America Is Still in 'Slave Patrol' Mode

SirReginald

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
:ohhh: white people really are racist brehs.
Here's the gag..........................

The author

Thom Hartmann (thom at thomhartmann.com) is a Project Censored Award-winning New York Times best-selling author, and host of a nationally syndicated daily progressive talk program The Thom Hartmann Show. www.thomhartmann.comHis most recent books are Rebooting the American Dream: 11 Ways to Rebuild Our Country and an updated edition of "Unequal Protection: How Corporations Became "People" - And How You Can Fight Back." Previous books include: Threshold: The Crisis of Western Culture," "The Last Hours of Ancient Sunlight," "We The People: A Call To Take Back America," "What Would Jefferson Do?," "Screwed: The Undeclared War Against the Middle Class and What We Can Do About It," and "Cracking The Code: The Art and Science of Political Persuasion." He is a writing fellow at the Independent Media Institute.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Here's the gag..........................

The author

Thom Hartmann (thom at thomhartmann.com) is a Project Censored Award-winning New York Times best-selling author, and host of a nationally syndicated daily progressive talk program The Thom Hartmann Show. www.thomhartmann.comHis most recent books are Rebooting the American Dream: 11 Ways to Rebuild Our Country and an updated edition of "Unequal Protection: How Corporations Became "People" - And How You Can Fight Back." Previous books include: Threshold: The Crisis of Western Culture," "The Last Hours of Ancient Sunlight," "We The People: A Call To Take Back America," "What Would Jefferson Do?," "Screwed: The Undeclared War Against the Middle Class and What We Can Do About It," and "Cracking The Code: The Art and Science of Political Persuasion." He is a writing fellow at the Independent Media Institute.
:rudy:
of course. Who else would need a Trump Presidency to come this this revelation?

The only this made me realize is that there really were some naive white people who thought racism wasn't a thing. I legit just thought it was racist people juelzing.
But then again maybe i'm being naive now.:aicmon:

SirReginald

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
:rudy:
of course. Who else would need a Trump Presidency to come this this revelation?

The only this made me realize is that there really were some naive white people who thought racism wasn't a thing. I legit just thought it was racist people juelzing.
But then again maybe i'm being naive now.:aicmon:
Even though this author is a Progressive there were cacs/minority groups that thought racism was really dead :snoop: That was until that got that 'wakeup' call. Hella people been sleep.

Daps
Son, every tactic white people uses has been demystified and articulated ten billion times over.

The problem, at this point, isn't the white man's tactics, but our willingness to continue to put energy into diagnosing the issues ad infinitum.

Last edited:

SirReginald

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
Son, every tactic white people uses has been demystified and articulated ten billion times over.

The problem, at this point, isn't the white man's tactics, but our willingness to continue to put more in energy into diagnosing the issues ad infinitum.
It's crazy you say all this, but put his women on a pedestal :skip:

Daps
It's crazy you say all this, but put his women on a pedestal :skip:

It's amazing how racist white men and women can marry and have families with black people, but it is outside the realm of possibility that a black person can have the capacity to be aware of the real issues, WANT to do something about it, but like pile-driving white p*ssy.

At this point, it doesn't matter if you don't get it. It's my dikk 'til I go to the dust, and I'm going to do with it what I want. I've been called lost, a c00n, etc. a hundred times over times a hundred.

What else you got?

This same fukking exercise all the time, of diagnosing the damn problem, calling people c00ns who don't appear to line up with your version of the 'the code - it's just pointless.

You nikkas aren't going to do anything. I'll probably stop fukking with white women before you nikkas spark some type of real change.

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
I don't know why this whole thing turned into a race issue or a disrespect to the country or military claim. You gotta be a real loser to call Nike to complain about this. How you gonna get mad at Nike, a sports apparel company, over using an athlete to advertise their company? I would understand if it were someone who committed a crime or beat women and children, but for something as silly as kneeling during the anthem? :stopitslime:

I turn to football night in America last night and they start talking about the protests. I'm like :gucci: let it go already. The ones that still care are the ones that don't have anything better to do. I'm trying to watch the game. Talk about the players and the game, not this. But of course the media is the driving force behind most of the fukkery in this country. :francis:

SirReginald

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
It's amazing how racist white men and women can marry and have families with black people, but it is outside the realm of possibility that a black person can have the capacity to be aware of the real issues, WANT to do something about it, but like pile-driving white p*ssy.

At this point, it doesn't matter if you don't get it. It's my dikk 'til I go to the dust, and I'm going to do with it what I want. I've been called lost, a c00n, etc. a hundred times over times a hundred.

What else you got?

This same fukking exercise all the time, of diagnosing the damn problem, calling people c00ns who don't appear to line up with your version of the 'the code - it's just pointless.

You nikkas aren't going to do anything. I'll probably stop fukking with white women before you nikkas spark some type of real change.
:camby: