The Pelicans have repeatedly stressed to Zion that his diet and conditioning need to improve. Zion, multiple team sources have told, "doesn't listen"

Superstar
Daps
Most High School and College basketball teams are sprinting back and forward non-stop at a constance pace. Football isn't comparable to that type of in game conditioning.

I agree. That cardio makes my knees hurt just thinking about it. It made my years in Army feel relatively easy, comparatively.

The God Poster

LWO representa
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I disagree. I'm not gonna cap like I was All American or played at the D1 college level but I played both through high school and football was DIFFERENT. I could play a basketball game off the couch. Football, I couldnt even finish a practice unless I was in somewhat decent shape. On defense every time I made contact with someone I could feel it just wearing me out.
I’ll say this that’s what I think people miss when discussing this topic is the contact.

Having to run around & also made constant contact with someone takes a toll

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I disagree. I'm not gonna cap like I was All American or played at the D1 college level but I played both through high school and football was DIFFERENT. I could play a basketball game off the couch. Football, I couldnt even finish a practice unless I was in somewhat decent shape. On defense every time I made contact with someone I could feel it just wearing me out.
Conditioning as in cardio vs physicality thresholds are different arguments.

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO

FOOTBALL PLAYERS GO HARD FOR 7 SECONDS
THEN REST FOR 40 SECONDS ...
HARD FOR A 5 SECONDS THEN REST
FOR 40 SECONDS ...

THIS IS LITERALLY THE WAY ZION PLAYS.
MAKE EXPLOSIVE MOVEMENTS FOR A SHORT PERIOD
THEN GET A BREATHER.

FOOTBALL WOULD BE RIGHT UP HIS ALLEY.

:devil:
:evil:

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Conditioning as in cardio vs physicality thresholds are different arguments.
Im just saying trying to tackle a person that doesnt want to be tackled was beyond tiring, there is definitely a cardio aspect to it. On top of that even the running was different. On the court I rarely opened up and ran full speed, and maybe that was just the way schools played back that in my area, but it was all half court actions.

In football I played safety and if I had to flip and run all out with a WR for 30 yards wearing 15 pounds of pads or whatever....do that a few times and my chest is burning.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Im just saying trying to tackle a person that doesnt want to be tackled was beyond tiring, there is definitely a cardio aspect to it. On top of that even the running was different. On the court I rarely opened up and ran full speed, and maybe that was just the way schools played back that in my area, but it was all half court actions.

In football I played safety and if I had to flip and run all out with a WR for 30 yards wearing 15 pounds of pads or whatever....do that a few times and my chest is burning.
I never played football, so I don't know you may be right. I did play HS basketball and the conditioning was legit. Between suicides, apaches and the interval training we did pre-season and over the summer, the guys that took it serious were in great shape. We were running bleachers and doing track work before practices in the fall in during the pre-season.

Conditioning in basketball is vital and separates a lot of players. Endurance matters more because if you can't shoot, defend or stay focused after a few times up the floor, then you really can't be on the floor long.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.

Team was smart to put that in the contract. On some NL films ending shyt.

All this time, I said that airing him out now only hurt his possible trade value, and it didn't add up.
The beat writer citing the "inside sources" seems like a leak, but what would the franchise gain by damaging the trade value of a player who is signed to them?

I thought it was some Peter Vescey fabricated story at first for that reason.

If this story is true, it adds up now.

En Sabah Nur

The First
Daps
Reppin
Survival of the fittest
The irony of Pelicans having a jersey that matches Pillsbury pastries :mjlol:
8EtLTDOV9kKXR-yHr-kM4A_gmi_hi_res_jpeg.jpeg