The Pelicans have repeatedly stressed to Zion that his diet and conditioning need to improve. Zion, multiple team sources have told, "doesn't listen"

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
zion gonna be defensive tackle for the saints soon

Football conditioning is tougher than basketball conditioning, especially on defense. Zion hasn't played one basketball game in his life that would make him feel as tired as what a full football game on defense would do to him.

Bar Razor

All Star
Daps
I feel bad for Zion cause I know I’d be doing the same shyt in his position. He don’t bother ANYBODY and just generally seems like a nice guy. People love picking on folks that mind their business.
I like Zion and I've been and am still pulling for him to get inspired and reach his potential. This however, is bullshyt. He has a 200 milliion dollar contract, and it has stipulations about the kind of condition he needs to be in. Not doing so is not only stiffing himself and the fans and his teammates, but also his professional obligations. As a public figure, this is going to be scrutinized. If he wants the good that comes with his status, he has to accept what else comes along with that.

El Bombi

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Football conditioning is tougher than basketball conditioning, especially on defense. Zion hasn't played one basketball game in his life that would make him feel as tired as what a full football game on defense would do to him.

I grew up playing both sports and this is not true at all. :heh:

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I disagree. I'm not gonna cap like I was All American or played at the D1 college level but I played both through high school and football was DIFFERENT. I could play a basketball game off the couch. Football, I couldnt even finish a practice unless I was in somewhat decent shape. On defense every time I made contact with someone I could feel it just wearing me out.

Superstar
Daps

:whew:

Some NBA player in their prime would make great tight ends in the NFL

Superstar
Daps

It depends, but I didn’t play super long. I I ran varsity track, played soccer, and BBall. At my other Hs (where I ran track) I watched football conditioning, but didn’t play. Our soccer and bball conditioning was worse because of the team the style we wanted to play. We had the same coach in both sports and he was obsessed with the Steve Nash suns lol.

El Bombi

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It depends, but I didn’t play super long. I I ran varsity track, played soccer, and BBall. At my other Hs (where I ran track) I watched football conditioning, but didn’t play. Our soccer and bball conditioning was worse because of the team the style we wanted to play. We had the same coach in both sports and he was obsessed with the Steve Nash suns lol.

Most High School and College basketball teams are sprinting back and forward non-stop at a constance pace. Football isn't comparable to that type of in game conditioning.