The Republican Party Post-Trump - What Will It Look Like...?

mc_brew

#NotMyPresident
Daps
Reppin
the black cat is my crown...
at the very least he buys oann and uses it to create havoc, continues his hate rallies to rile his fanatics up, and tweets daily to say how screwed up everything biden is doing is... no one with an ego as big as trump has is going to let another administration come in without constantly criticizing it.... trump adheres to no political norms anyhow, so letting his predecessor govern without interference won't be a norm he adheres to either....

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Even if Trump loses, he isn't going away.
yeah, but he might be reduced to mostly tweeting

if hes really the face of a historic beatdown, then right wing media wont have anything to do with him. he'll be reminded hes a loser everywhere he goes

plus, now by the numbers hes officially the worst president of all time :dead:

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
at the very least he buys oann and uses it to create havoc and he tweets daily to say how screwed up everything biden is diong is... no one with an ego like trump has is going to let another administration come in and he's not going to constantly criticize it....

hope he enjoys the investigations as far as the media thing goes

:manny:

I honestly think he will be dead soon. This country also hates a loser and Trump is the personification of it.

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn

if hes really the face of a historic beatdown, then right wing media wont have anything to do with him. he'll be reminded hes a loser everywhere he goes

Impeached bunker bytch

even a conservative friend said that was the last straw

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City

Its crazy but he really is the worst president in US history.

eastside313

Superstar
Daps
I believed this back in 2017; figured they'd use Trump to advance their interests (judges, taxes, etc) and then dump him when it became politically advantageous. Instead they have doubled down, to the point they can't simply pretend this never happened. Hell, republicans to this day defend the Iraq war. If Trump loses in November I'm sure some will make some minor criticisms of his style, but overall they have not left themselves any ability to say "I never supported him." The videos exist, the supportive tweets exist, the votes exist, etc. And they will be used in campaign ads for YEARS.

If Trump loses, his fiercest supporters will double down and blame the loss on the establishment republicans who didn't support the president enough. People like Tom Cotton, Pompeo, Pence, etc will spend the next two years trying to claim the Trump mantle. Meanwhile people like Rubio and other "establishment" republicans will try to move the party back to Romney/McCain/HW Bush/etc style conservatism. It won't work. They're going to be ripped apart on both sides: the left will point out they supported Trump (thus killing their attempt to pretend to be reasonable moderates), and the far right will accuse them of betraying Trump. The end result will be that someone like Cotton or Cruz or Pompeo/Pence will get the nom, running to MAGA.
Videos don’t matter. It’s videos out now with Republicans contradicting themselves and talkin chit about trump Previously. They don’t care.

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
at the very least he buys oann and uses it to create havoc, continues his hate rallies to rile his fanatics up, and tweets daily to say how screwed up everything biden is doing is... no one with an ego as big as trump has is going to let another administration come in without constantly criticizing it.... trump adheres to no political norms anyhow, so letting his predecessor govern without interference won't be a norm he adheres to either....

He will be tweeting. He will be doing media.

He will do everything he can to undermine Biden.

Wargames

Daps
Reppin
New York City
-worst GDP
-most debt added
-most jobs lost
-impeached
-one term loser

and those are just the hard, quantifiable facts :dead:

what historians write about this guy will redefine embarrassment

110k and counting casualties due to his incompetence. I legit expect the number to be around 300k before its over and this upcoming recession is going to be on his head too.

Wargames

Daps
Reppin
New York City

I expect Biden, Bush, Clinton, and Obama to tell him to shut the fukk up. Like literally all of them coming out with a PSA to tell him to shut the fukk up and die.

Maybe even Carter too, though breh seems to be done with politics.

Trump will try to undermine but once he is out of power..... well the chickens will come to roost and he'll be shunned, like a communist in the 1950's. His supporters will always support him but they'll be isolated like they were when they were in the Tea Party.

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin

:patrice:I would agree with you, but, Donald's health is REALLY looking suspicious. He was a fat b*stard coming into the presidency, having a coke nose from years of abuse, and he hasn't excised at all except for Golfing; which is light at very best. Plus the Presidency is stressful as it is, so, I guess we will have to watch/wait.