The RZA Explains Why He Didn't Let Wu-Tang Clan Work With Outside Producers During Early Run

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
RZA was right and high-key he was more talented than ANY other producer at the time other than Premo and Dr Dre.

Thats right I said ANY other producer. Large Professor, Pete Rock, Q-Tip, Havoc, Easy Mo Bee, whoever. RZA was better
Havoc > Premo

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
my understanding is "method man" -- or a version of it -- was in the street before the singles/videos. i could definitely be wrong cause it was a long time ago, but as i recall a friend from staten island who grew up around them and weebay from the wire said he had it early.

not saying it isn't bullshyt. just adding context.
Yeah, and on one of the 36 Chambers reissues they have the original version...it's the same song but with rougher vocals.

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
It's their story to tell, BUT as a fan gotta question the origin story/timeline of Meth's stage name

They had METHOD MAN across the screen, and those were his first words in Protect Your Neck song and video

and in the introduction for Method Man, the song starts with GZA running down their names....and Meth is the last name said as the song starts

Those were the two first songs they released. Only way this adds up is if they added the GZA intro to the song after it blew up on mixtape circuit

my understanding is "method man" -- or a version of it -- was in the street before the singles/videos. i could definitely be wrong cause it was a long time ago, but as i recall a friend from staten island who grew up around them and weebay from the wire said he had it early.

not saying it isn't bullshyt. just adding context.
method man the song predates Wu by a year.

that intro was recorded after the fact

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Havoc didn’t make NY State Of Mind or the Moment Of Truth album

Check yourself into the nearest Rehabilitation clinic ASAP
Lol bro you a good poster

You really telling me that moment of truth is better than the infamous or hell on earth?

It aint even touchin murda muzik

Kill yourself

Consigliere

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
As far as creating and protecting the Wu brand it was the right move. Ghostface and Raekwon’s classic debuts might not exist if they were allowed to get Track Masters or whoever on the beats.

And in the larger scheme of things, not valuing the sound is how NY lost their position in the rap game.

En Sabah Nur

The First
Daps
Reppin
Survival of the fittest
Lol check the credits

Fish
Brooklyn zoo
Milk the cow
Party crasher/killin fields
Biscuits
Six songs from 5 albums is your case for True master outshining RZA?:dahell:
RZA crafted masterpiece albums front to back leading the team like LeBron, and True Master was JR Smith coming in with a couple of highlight dunks and threes