The Salary a single person needs to "live comfortably" in 25 US cities

Scustin Bieburr

Baby baybee baybee UUUGH
Daps
that list aint it
This should not only be national news, but political candidates should be talking about it. This is absolutely fukking absurd that they expect people to work more for less.

You're working harder than your parents while being lied to and told that the reason you don't have a home and a car isn't because minimum wage barely moved while the cost of everything shot up. You're told you don't have those things because you're too lazy. Absolutely fukking psychotic.

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Thats what kills me with white people talking about how they can't "find any homes under 400k" in their city. They can find these homes, they just don't want to live near any blacks or hispanics on their street or have their kids in public school with them.
If they move to those places, those homes with only stay low cost for so long anyway. Then they’re in the wrong for gentrifying.

Yagirlcheatinonus

Icon Poster
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You wouldn’t need that much to live comfortably here. I don’t make that much and I’m fine. I didn’t read the full article or criteria though, so perhaps I’m just living a lower standard than they’re speaking on.
I would live in Garner and commute in I wouldn’t live directly in Raleigh

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
I think this same study said you only need like 34K live comfortable in Cleveland, OH.
Think about that when these politicians refuse to build high speed trains. A high speed bullet train would make that potentially a 1 and half hour commute.
Imagine getting NYC wages at a cleveland cost of living.

Th3Birdman

Rookie of The Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Major cities?
I've never even heard of most of these places. Article is useless

Breh, what? Do you get out much? :mjgrin:

I can understand Arlington, Gilbert and Chula Vista (that's basically San Diego to us Cali nikkas), but every other one of those cities are major cities, most of them famous.