The Washington Bullets will aggressively pursue Masai Ujiri again in Spring/Summer 2021

Will Masai leave Toronto as a free agent?

• YES

Votes: 10 38.5%
  • NO

Votes: 16 61.5%

• Total voters

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Does he not have full say over basketball operations in Toronto? I don’t get what you’re saying, of course he’ll be have that power if he went elsewhere

I’m not positive but does he have any ownership in the raptors? The way I’m thinking about it is he would literally control the team as if he’s an owner and like the other owners would have to vote him out in order to remove him.

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
I’ll say this, you can’t get better if you don’t try to. I hope the Wiz pull this off, even though I root for teams outside the city I can safely say that DC sports fans deserve a run. They loyal and willing to support but never had anything worth that.

Hope Masai pulls up and fixes things for y’all.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
I can see it happening but a team would need to give him the whole nba team operations and extreme say in it and back off. Plus he will need to be highest paid with car blanche over ther basketball side of things...which includes some ownership percentages.

if the Wizards are willing to do that I see it as very possible. But I think the raptors would offer him even more.
The Wizards were willing to do this in 2019, so it will happen now.

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The Wizards were willing to do this in 2019, so it will happen now.

does he have any need to stay in Toronto like something holding him there? Wouldn’t it be better for him to have that basketball borders program headquartered in dc? Low key probably be able to slick get some more funding for it.

Frump

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Wizards need to do what it took the Magic years to figure out. That they’re going nowhere and need to blow it up

I get the feeling there delusional and believe their close to being good

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
And his wife apparently wants to get into politics.
She’s also a local. Went to Roosevelt HS IIRC.

:mjlol: yeah, ok.

Even if you did get him, he's not god.
No one’s saying he is. But look at the executives the Bullets have had since their last Finals appareance and 50 win season in 1979. Ernie Grunfeld is the “most successful” and he was amongst the worst. Wes Unseld was a disaster.

Abe Polin treated the franchise as literally a family household.

Wizards need to do what it took the Magic years to figure out. That they’re going nowhere and need to blow it up

I get the feeling there delusional and believe their close to being good
They are delusional. But Beal wants to stay and Leonsis doesn’t want to trade him. Leonsis hasn’t put in the attention of focus on the Bullets that he’s put into the Capitals. Wall and Beal are the only great picks. No franchise or league icon. Every time there is one, they’re in the playoffs or high lotto. Leonsis doesn’t want 3-4 years of 20 win seasons.

I can see it happening but a team would need to give him the whole nba team operations and extreme say in it and back off. Plus he will need to be highest paid with car blanche over ther basketball side of things...which includes some ownership percentages.

if the Wizards are willing to do that I see it as very possible. But I think the raptors would offer him even more.

Bro.. The Wizards did the ownership stake to a new President of Basketball operations in 1999. Ted Leonsis who was minority owner lobbied Abe Polin to bring :mjpls: to DC.

:mjlit: had part ownership in both Wizards and Capitals

upload_2021-3-27_14-10-50.jpeg

upload_2021-3-27_14-11-56.jpeg

Masai would get similar deal. He’d become the President of Monumental Basketball which is under Leonsis’ larger Monumental Sports and Entertainment.

He just won’t give it up by becoming a player...

Frump

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They are delusional. But Beal wants to stay and Leonsis doesn’t want to trade him. Leonsis hasn’t put in the attention of focus on the Bullets that he’s put into the Capitals. Wall and Beal are the only great picks. No franchise or league icon. Every time there is one, they’re in the playoffs or high lotto. Leonsis doesn’t want 3-4 years of 20 win seasons.

he doesn’t want 3 years of 20 win seasons but he’s on his way to 3 straight years of 32 or less wins and winning in the 20’s 2 of those years lol is there a huge difference?

Beals a nice player he’s not a franchise changing player.

If he’s your best player you’re not going anywhere.

I know he’s states he wants to stay but I think this offseason he’s gonna realize there is no way to turn things around in Washington anytime in the next few years and he’s wasting his prime years

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
he doesn’t want 3 years of 20 win seasons but he’s on his way to 3 straight years of 32 or less wins and winning in the 20’s 2 of those years lol is there a huge difference?

I know he’s states he wants to stay but I think this offseason he’s gonna realize there is no way to turn things around in Washington anytime in the next few years and he’s wasting his prime years
I don’t think he is

He’s been talking to Lillard a lot about how they both are 9 years in and staying put

Onviously the Blazers have a superior front office and Stotts would be better than any Bullets coach since dikk Motta (got love for Bernie Bickerstaff tho)

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps

I’m with you

I’d make a move to get rid of Beal too, but Leonsis won’t allow it. Masai may think like that tho.

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
The source is rapper Big Pooh ?

The way Masai has fukked up this season i dont give a fukk if he leaves....but leaving a presidency to take the same job with a lesser team doesnt make alot of sense unless hes getting ownership stake...

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
The source is rapper Big Pooh ?

The way Masai has fukked up this season i dont give a fukk if he leaves....but leaving a presidency to take the same job with a lesser team doesnt make alot of sense unless hes getting ownership stake...

this season?
he also did last year he didn't do anything last year