The WBC Officially STRIPS Miguel Cotto Of WBC Middleweight Championship!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MIAlien

#FactsOnly
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wade County
Who does he have that is a bigger draw available?
Besides Cotto, GGG is his biggest fight. But he can go after 154 if he wants. Just no names there. Talent. But no names to sell a fight. It will be all Canelo for the draw.
IMO, Canelo would fight GGG, but at that 155 catchweight. No way he's giving in on weight, especially after being stupid and offering Floyd a catchweight fight.

I believe Cotto is retiring after this fight, win or lose(which I predicted). And he's told WBC he aint fighting GGG.. Only conceivable reason to me WBC could pull this bullshyt

Cotto just got A LOT of $ for this fight, and a Cotto/Canelo fight/potential trilogy is the biggest reason RNS signed Cotto. Both ends of the deal WOULD be fulfilled after this fight, so you could be right.

BUT, if Cotto wins, there's a bigger check waiting for a Canelo rematch.

That's why I don't think Cotto retires, unless he loses clearly or gets KOed. I think a rematch is the most likely outcome if its a close fight either way. Cokeboy, HBO, and RNS are on the same page.

Jaylen Tatum

Superstar
Daps
on ESPN bottomline it says cotto already paid 800,000 in step aside fees for GGG so he refused to pay another 300,000

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
IMO, Canelo would fight GGG, but at that 155 catchweight. No way he's giving in on weight, especially after being stupid and offering Floyd a catchweight fight.

Cotto just got A LOT of $ for this fight, and a Cotto/Canelo fight/potential trilogy is the biggest reason RNS signed Cotto. Both ends of the deal WOULD be fulfilled after this fight, so you could be right.

BUT, if Cotto wins, there's a bigger check waiting for a Canelo rematch.

That's why I don't think Cotto retires, unless he loses clearly or gets KOed. I think a rematch is the most likely outcome if its a close fight either way. Cokeboy, HBO, and RNS are on the same page.

Does cotto want floyd again?

MIAlien

#FactsOnly
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wade County
Does cotto want floyd again?
Yes. That's part of why he waited so long to sign in the first place. He told RN he was angling to replace Pac if things fell apart, and that if he signed with them, Haymon wouldn't work with them. So everyone had to wait on Floyd.

IMO, Floyd is the only fight he really wants. The rest is just business to him. Canelo included.

There's renewed hope all around if Cotto wins though. Not sure where the hope came from, but a few weeks ago I was told Floyd is a possibility if Cotto wins, but a Canelo rematch is plan A and way more realistic. And that's not a RN problem. It's a Haymon problem. They've been willing to work with him.

HamAndEgger

All Star
Daps
giphy.gif

F*ck the WBC man. They could've stripped Cotto before the fight and not give him the option to defend against Canelo. But now they're stripping him because he doesn't wanna pay an extra $300K after giving GGG $800K to step aside and have Cotto defend against Canelo (that the WBC granted)? If Canelo wins do people really think he's gonna jump right into a GGG fight?!?! :mjlol: He'll be asking " Donde esta el basura?" :trash:

Meanwhile, Floyd had the 154lb title hostage 2 years and they didn't do a God Damn thing. I can't wait for the clusterf*ck to happen Saturday Night. :sas2:

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yes. That's part of why he waited so long to sign in the first place. He told RN he was angling to replace Pac if things fell apart, and that if he signed with them, Haymon wouldn't work with them. So everyone had to wait on Floyd.

IMO, Floyd is the only fight he really wants. The rest is just business to him. Canelo included.

There's renewed hope all around if Cotto wins though. Not sure where the hope came from, but a few weeks ago I was told Floyd is a possibility if Cotto wins, but a Canelo rematch is plan A and way more realistic. And that's not a RN problem. It's a Haymon problem. They've been willing to work with him.

:ohhh:

I think haymon would make that fight if floyd wants it

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
giphy.gif

F*ck the WBC man. They could've stripped Cotto before the fight and not give him the option to defend against Canelo. But now they're stripping him because he doesn't wanna pay an extra $300K after giving GGG $800K to step aside and have Cotto defend against Canelo (that the WBC granted)? If Canelo wins do people really think he's gonna jump right into a GGG fight?!?! :mjlol: He'll be asking " Donde esta el basura?" :trash:

Meanwhile, Floyd had the 154lb title hostage 2 years and they didn't do a God Damn thing. I can't wait for the clusterf*ck to happen Saturday Night. :sas2:

Exactly fukk them and their fee. :camby:

They gonna make me end up rooting for Cotto for fukkery sake :ahh:

well 97g can have his belt now unified middleweight champion :mjlol:

Meanwhile Cotto Canelo going to need a brinks truck on Sat and 3 brinks trucks for the rematch :banderas:

Willy Waffle

Willy Da Waffleman
Daps
Reppin
#GIANTS #KNICKS #RANGERS
I believe Cotto is retiring after this fight, win or lose(which I predicted). And he's told WBC he aint fighting GGG.. Only conceivable reason to me WBC could pull this bullshyt

he has 1 more fight on his roc nation contract after this, he's not gonna leave that paycheck on the table :pachaha:

on ESPN bottomline it says cotto already paid 800,000 in step aside fees for GGG so he refused to pay another 300,000

:snoop: the wbc really out here trying to strong arm fighters. lmao at cotto losing his title in the "wbc office" and not in the ring :dead: shyt is ridiculous.

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics
If Canelo wins do people really think he's gonna jump right into a GGG fight?!?!

That's the thing. Cinnamon has already said he's not fighting GGG at 160. If he wins then what will be the reason in declaring him the champ if he's not gonna defend against GGG. They'll have to strip him too then right?