There is no such thing as a ‘talent’ or ‘eye test’ argument for Brady vs Mahomes

Braman

Superstar
Daps
I can tell ur an idiotic nba and nfl casual by using rings as a measurement for a QB. Which is why u have zero daps and a thread where everyone is shytting on u.

Your skirt showing. You type like you post on Reddit.

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
I saw Dan Marino move within the pocket to manipulate defenders, help his linemen, and give receivers time to get open, then unleash a missile down the field.

That's something few quarterbacks have the ability to do consistently.

And I saw him do it for years.

I don't believe in an "eye test" within the modern context because that phrase has become warped over time as an excuse for morons who don't want to learn about objective metrics that measure performance.

But there is -- admittedly with some level of bias and unreliability -- some value to that so-called eye test.
sorry boss, by OP's retarded logic, Terry Bradshaw is better than Marino :heh:

Braman

Superstar
Daps
:hhh::camby:

Teams win SBs not QBs

"Ringz" talk creeping into the NFL, you hate to see it :francis:

fukk outta here. There is nothing to “creep’ bc it ain’t something that can come up every few years, it ain’t some general talking point. Its specific to the QB position and the one dude who has 7 of em. So to be considered better than THAT dude, you need chips. Period. And ain’t no QB stumbling onto 7 rings so I’m not trying to hear shyt about a team achievement

Otherwise anyone can just pull ‘eye test’ out their ass. Vick is goat, Warren Moon is goat. That’s how pointless a metric-less Mahomes for goat take sounds

Based Lord Zedd

Colts or Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston TX
2021 50 year old Brady:

5316yds, 43td, 12int, 67%, 68QBR

2021 prime Mahomes with Tyreek and Kelce:

4813yds, 37td, 13int, 66%, 62QBR

Someone explain to me how Mahomes’ ‘talent’ manifests in a way that….doesn’t equate to better numbers. :wtf:

There seems to be this false narrative that Brady is just a ‘winner’ while Mahomes is just talent’ing up and down the field. In actuality, with the exception of 1 season Mahomes doesnt even have better, more gaudy stats.

So…explain. Take your time

Brady threw the ball 720 times to Mahomes' 660. 3rd most passing attempts in a season all time.

Mahomes top 3 targets: Kelce, Hill, Hardman.
Brady top 3 targets: Godwin, Evans, Gronk. plus 550 yards 4 tds from AB.

Mahomes also added 400 rushing yards.

Next compare 2022 where Brady still had Godwin/Evans and Mahomes had Kelce/Juju.

I don't think the narrative is that Brady can't put up stats, he's the all time touchdowns leader. I think the argument is Mahomes numbers are even better (so far)

The only arguments against this are either pointing out that Brady played in a different era, or making excuses about talent.

Last edited:

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
Brady threw the ball 720 times to Mahomes' 660. 3rd most passing attempts in a season all time.

Brady top 3 targets: Godwin, Evans, Gronk. plus 550 yards 4 tds from AB.

Next compare 2022 where Brady still had Godwin/Evans and Mahomes had Kelce/Juju.

I don't think the narrative is that Brady can't put up stats, he's the all time touchdowns leader. I think the argument is Mahomes numbers are even better (so far)

The only arguments against this are either pointing out that Brady played in a different era, or making excuses about talent.
It’s an argument that only people with an agenda make. Brady threw the ball more because he didn’t have a running game. It’s not complicated. Gronk was well past his prime. AB was hurt throughout that year. Mahomes does not have better numbers relative to era is the point. You had to add all those qualifiers to get there. It’s no different than him setting SB passing records, him throwing short routes was the running game.

Brady was literally named QB of the decade for two different decades. Mahomes has a long way to go to be in that air. If he stopped playing tomorrow he’s not even over Peyton all time.

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
I think the MJ comps make sense for Patty even though Brady is the goat. He brings an excitement while dominating in his sport and he’s leading a dynasty.
From that standpoint, sure, but even you gotta admit "excitement" is rather generic talking point, no?

I can agree to disagree. Mike had some Finals that are on the board for best Finals performance ever. So far in 3 Super Bowl appearances, Mahomes doesn't have a single one anywhere near the conversation for greatest QB play in a Super Bowl. '17 Foles in that Bowl was better than any Mahomes Super Bowl. Tom Brady has at least 4 Super Bowls that chump out Mahomes' best Super Bowl...

And again, Jordan distanced himself physically and statistically from his peers. Mahomes only has a marginal gap, if any, talent wise and statistically. The gap is upstairs and in durability, that's where he's created this crazy distance from his contemporaries. And the upstairs part is truly unique and special, that shyt'll never vanish, so either dudes catch up or he's gonna separate even further...
Jordan was my dude growing up but the ring argument vs LeBron is so hypocritical by Jordan stans using it to claim that's why he's the GOAT, he doesn't have the most rings!
100%!
agree he only started dominating after other contemporaries aged out :pachaha:
This is all facts too!

Based Lord Zedd

Colts or Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston TX
It’s an argument that only people with an agenda make. Brady threw the ball more because he didn’t have a running game. It’s not complicated. Gronk was well past his prime. AB was hurt throughout that year. Mahomes does not have better numbers relative to era is the point. You had to add all those qualifiers to get there. It’s no different than him setting SB passing records, him throwing short routes was the running game.

Brady was literally named QB of the decade for two different decades. Mahomes has a long way to go to be in that air. If he stopped playing tomorrow he’s not even over Peyton all time.

I didn't list Gronk because of his name value, I listed him because he had 800 yards and 6 TDs.
7th in yards and 7th for TEs which is solid as a #3 option. Why does it matter if he was past his prime? I'm taking him over Mahomes' #3 weapon that year.
It doesn't matter why he threw the ball more. I'm saying you can't just compare totals without taking volume into account.

I don't think Brady's 2021 season is that impressive relative to Mahomes, and again I want to add 2022 to the comparison.

I agree that Brady is not past Manning or Brady at this point though.

fifth column

Superstar
Daps
agree he only started dominating after other contemporaries aged out :pachaha:
This is cap, Jordan’s contemporaries were the likes of Barkley, Ewing, Hakeem, David Robinson, Drexler, Reggie Miller etc.. the players who came out around the same time as him mid to late eighties.

Braman

Superstar
Daps

They finished with identical ypa. Both 7.4

Brady top 3 targets: Godwin, Evans, Gronk.

This ain’t a factor. For one it was Gronk’s last year. 2nd, your third WR is hardly a sticking point when your 1 and 2 are first ballot HOFers 2 of the greatest ever at their position. :aicmon: Whether you prefer one core over the other is negligible, but it damn sure ain’t enough to act like Brady had some big advantage

:comeon: If you gotta add all these extras that should tell you about the quality of the argument …..

Also I don't think the narrative is that Brady can't put up stats, he's the all time touchdowns leader. I think the argument is Mahomes numbers are even better (so far)

Which ones :wtf: Bc they really ain’t. It’s as if people are still thinking of the early Brady years. Give me some specifics bc Mahomes ain’t doin that much more than Brady 2.0 was.

Mahomes has 2 seasons over 5K yards and 2 over 4500.

Brady has 2 seasons over 5K yards, and SEVEN over 4500 yards.