There is no such thing as a ‘talent’ or ‘eye test’ argument for Brady vs Mahomes

KidJSoul

Veteran
Daps
It’s a difference between better and greater and Mahomes is already better…easily. Time will tell if he will be greater.
Again you're saying "better" based on athletic, flashy throws.

That doesn't make someone automatically better at the position. Like others have said, those plays are just outliers, and making the right audibles or knowing the coverage will still give you the same result.

There's a reason Peyton and Brady were still top 4 QBs ever despite their lack of mobility.

Braman

Superstar
Daps
I don't care to count rings. Pat doesn't need 7 to be considered better than Brady to me. Or 6, and maybe not even 5. It's about the degree of dominance, how long you sustain that dominance, and how you perform in the playoffs. You have to win rings along the way, nobody is in the GOAT QB convo with fewer than 2 rings; Pat already has 2 and could hit 3 in 10 days. Clearly, you have to win rings to enter the convo and he's doing that...

But I'm never on the, "gotta be _____ (amount of) rings". That shyt don't matter...

To really threaten Brady you gotta threaten that longevity, Brady had about a 15-year prime. You gotta have some of the performances Brady had, Mahomes' best Suoer Bowl was last year and he was terrific but I can think of three Brady Super Bowls better than Mahomes' best. That's what Mahomes is competing against..

I’m not sure what the sum of all of this means. Seems like some contradictions there

So rings don’t matter, but he needs some more moments in super bowls :wtf:

Also it sounds like you’re saying he needs to win a few rings, and just play a long time, really well

If that’s the case,

1) Then what exactly are you basing it on?! Multiple QBs can meet that criteria’s so what separates them??

2) How do you arrive at your arbitrary # of acceptable rings? How can you say more rings don’t matter but at the same time say ‘you gotta have a few tho’.So if Mahomes needs more to get in the convo, you DO value rings.

3) Otherwise, why isn’t Marino, or Elway, or manning, or Brees, or Rodgers goat?!? Bc they fit your criteria of ‘play really well, for a long time, at a high level, playoffs, etc’

Bottom line…that seems like a loooot of explaining just to avoid flat out saying ‘he needs to get close to 7 rings’ :yeshrug:

Last edited:

fifth column

Superstar
Daps
I’m not sure what the sum of all of this means. Seems like some contradictions there

So rings don’t matter, but he needs some more moments in super bowls :wtf:

Also it sounds like you’re saying he needs to win a few rings, and just play a long time, really well

If that’s the case,

1) Then what exactly are you basing it on?! Multiple QBs can meet that criteria’s so what separates them??

2) How do you arrive at your arbitrary # of acceptable rings? How can you say more rings don’t matter but at the same time say ‘you gotta have a few tho’.So if Mahomes needs more to get in the convo, you DO value rings.

3) Otherwise, why isn’t Marino, or Elway, or manning, or Brees, or Rodgers goat?!? Bc they fit your criteria of ‘play really well, for a long time, at a high level, playoffs, etc’

Bottom line…that seems like a loooot of explaining just to avoid flat out saying ‘he needs to get close to 7 rings’ :yeshrug:
I rooted against Brady for his entire run but there’s no going around him as goat with 7 sb rings and leading a dynasty.

If Mahomes fukk around and lose this Super Bowl, I wonder if the energy shifts

JYoung24

Young J
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Clearly there is. Even a non role player, all time great can have more chips than another all time great but not be considered better

The OBVIOUS example is Jordan > Bill Russell despite having 5 less rings

Also, as much as Kobe fans hate it, Bron > Kobe despite having 1 less

In the QB discussion that doesn’t exists bc 1) Brady has set the mark so high, and 2) there are no other players with comparable rings.

Crazy to think about it but at one out we thought it COULD be like hoops, when the debate was Manning and Brady. Brady just had better teams but manning had better numbers. At one point you could argue Manning > Brady even with less rings.

Well, Brady blew that out the water when he started putting up gaudy numbers himself, and when he won 4,5 more rings. The debate ended

Nah LeBron Is not better than kobe

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I addressed that bro. We were willing to have that conversation before. With manning when Brady had 3 or 4 rings.

7 rings ain’t 4.

HE HAS SEVEN RINGS :dead:

What are we even talking about. It’s such an absurd comical # ——with stats too——that it simply is not a discussion if you’re not at least close, and very close, to that #. Ain’t no ‘road’ to the rings when he got 7 plus everything you got too :heh: He got the gaudy stats, plus 5 Super Bowl MVPs plus plus no loaded teams plus Belicheck fell on his face w/o him so that angle was deaded too. Like it’s dead bruh. :heh:

Wake me when Mahomes has 5 and then maybe we can start a dialogue

They acting like Brady has no stats, like he was Trent Dilfer out there :heh: Brady legit had four eras (the early 2000s Pats defense era, the Randy Moss/Wes Welker era, the mid to late 2010s era and the old man Brady Bucs era). Wake me up when Mahomes is still dominating in 2035.

iamduval

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Brady and Mahomes have played against each other multiple times, including in the Super Bowl

JYoung24

Young J
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Clearly there is. Even a non role player, all time great can have more chips than another all time great but not be considered better

The OBVIOUS example is Jordan > Bill Russell despite having 5 less rings

Also, as much as Kobe fans hate it, Bron > Kobe despite having 1 less

In the QB discussion that doesn’t exists bc 1) Brady has set the mark so high, and 2) there are no other players with comparable rings.

Crazy to think about it but at one out we thought it COULD be like hoops, when the debate was Manning and Brady. Brady just had better teams but manning had better numbers. At one point you could argue Manning > Brady even with less rings.

Well, Brady blew that out the water when he started putting up gaudy numbers himself, and when he won 4,5 more rings. The debate ended

The debate shouldn't of never ended with Manning and brady

JYoung24

Young J
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I addressed that bro. We were willing to have that conversation before. With manning when Brady had 3 or 4 rings.

7 rings ain’t 4.

HE HAS SEVEN RINGS :dead:

What are we even talking about. It’s such an absurd comical # ——with stats too——that it simply is not a discussion if you’re not at least close, and very close, to that #. Ain’t no ‘road’ to the rings when he got 7 plus everything you got too :heh: He got the gaudy stats, plus 5 Super Bowl MVPs plus plus no loaded teams plus Belicheck fell on his face w/o him so that angle was deaded too. Like it’s dead bruh. :heh:

Wake me when Mahomes has 5 and then maybe we can start a dialogue

Brady has had loaded teams stop that