This kpop shyt has blown up like nitro.

Cabbage Patch

The Media scene in V is for Vendetta is the clue
Daps
Reppin
The Last Frontier
HOLY shyt it's like people actually live in Korea and listen to their own shyt and don't spam American artists like Americans do!!!!
Their own shyt is wayered down cac shyt, which is watered down Negro excellence. More power to them for singing in their own tongue (what was that Rammstein song .. America ist wunderbar.. where they actually referenced that ...) -- it makes them happy and they can relate to it. But it's not innovative. If anything, it's the equivalent of American music jacking stereotypical Asian chords for the exoticness.

'it's allll because of you-oooo'

But whatever.

Daps
I can't get into it. I remember they tried to showcase at the winter Olympics. It sounded like watered down white pop music sung in Korean. No flavor, no soul. Then I saw the old Korean man trying to look hip while singing Imagine, and it hit me they were imitating white people imitating black people.

But whatever. :yeshrug: nikkas draw enough inspiration from Asia, let Asians draw inspiration from Cacs.

Exactly.

It's a bunch of forgettable, over-produced, crap.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
Fake Love is one of the best pop songs Ibe heard in years. This one kind of wack tho tbh. I jooks with bts tho :ld: sister got me into this shyt lightly

Mike809

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx
I can't get into it. I remember they tried to showcase at the winter Olympics. It sounded like watered down white pop music sung in Korean. No flavor, no soul. Then I saw the old Korean man trying to look hip while singing Imagine, and it hit me they were imitating white people imitating black people.

But whatever. :yeshrug: nikkas draw enough inspiration from Asia, let Asians draw inspiration from Cacs.
Do you know the language? because if not , then i dont see how you can get into it.

Kiyoshi-Dono

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Petty Vandross.. fukk Yall
What they did to my paag CL:mjcry:
tumblr_pcve4cVRmi1w4ze0zo1_500.jpg

Shykai

Rookie
Daps
It's interesting to see how big K-pop and some of these K-pop groups have gotten. I used to big into K-pop years ago but it felt like kind of a niche thing back then, at least in the western world. Now you've got BTS performing at the Grammy's (or vmas, one or the other), being featured in ad campaigns for western audiences, etc.

Shykai

Rookie
Daps
Do you know the language? because if not , then i dont see how you can get into it.

I used to like K-pop. I don't think you need to understand a language to get into songs. For me it was about the way the words sound, the beat, the music itself, the singers voice, etc -these can make a song catchy af even if you don't understand what they're saying.

For example:

Daps
Its americanized korean music

And as seeing how hip hop is the biggest genre in the world

Its blackenized korean music :yeshrug:

I was telling my fam how BTS is the biggest group in the world

Zime

Superstar
Daps
I knew about this shyt since 2010.

Last edited:

Hyperion

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Land of The North
The music is so over-produced, and I personally don't get it. But, I'm obviously not stopping the gravy train.

I heard those 'artists' have to go through ridiculous training, and the labels are making the money. Same as the Western music industry, minus the extreme talent development.

Honestly, as hype as people get over these KPop bands... You're better off being an American celebrity over being a Korean one. In America, you actually get to keep the bread you make, over there, labels take everything. Not to mention, I've heard a ton of horror stories about psycho girls being obsessed with some of these bands, one story involving a couple of girls breaking into their hotel or apartment room and shyt on the floor... and dipped. :gucci: Another story involved a girl writing a letter in her period blood. And one story even involved them causing a car accident and one of the band members supposedly had his leg broken due to it. The label doesn't allow them to say anything to these crazy fans either, out of fear of losing money and potentially ending their career.

You wanna know why this doesn't occur in North America? Cause North American celebrities would scrap off GP, and fans know not to try it. :ufdup: This is also why they try hard to break out in the West, cause if they do, that's money in their pockets and they have more freedom.

Its americanized korean music

And as seeing how hip hop is the biggest genre in the world

Its blackenized korean music :yeshrug:

I was telling my fam how BTS is the biggest group in the world

Everything from the music videos to the sound style is black influenced. The only difference is that they've tossed a bit of an Asian flavor into it, but it's still very much black influenced. We set the standard, so whatever that catches waves over here, it'll become a thing over there too eventually. A lot of it is manufactured, so the reason why these groups are so big is because they're engineered to be that way. It's like if Max Martin found five young dudes in Nebraska and produced all their shyt, and Universal prioritized them with a huge backing. Not a knock to these groups at all, but they're not revolutionizing the music industry, and I think most levelheaded Kpop fans know this, they just enjoy the music and visuals that come with it.