This video proves how cringey the 90s superthug era was

Versace Joffrey

Long luscious locks, let em flow
Daps
Reppin
West of Nowhere
I remember hearing about after 92 everyone had to become a fictional superthug mean mugger. Hip Hop brehs went from clean ass flat tops to bald heads and sometimes locs within a year or two:russ:

This vid is from a group called Raw Breed, look how cringe this shyt was:mjlol:

Also, what was with rappers and those weird ass voices back then?

Another cringe ass video. The mean mugging, big ass chain :laff:

Sad thing is, once this era began it never stopped:francis:

These are all of these drill rapper’s fathers, uncles etc and now they’re just repeating the cycle.

Hip hop needs a renaissance :mjcry:

Last edited:

Versace Joffrey

Long luscious locks, let em flow
Daps
Reppin
West of Nowhere
that first group is doing an Onyx impression.

Fredro was that type of cringe in real life...
...me and some buddies were in a clothing store in Chicago and he was acting just like that while talking to a female clerk...
...dude was mad because they were out of something :mjlol:

You can tell that shyt was all an act:russ:

Check out this vid of onyx showing their soft side while shopping with Cindy Crawford.

Last edited:

ILLMMORTAL

THE ILLEST
Daps
Reppin
THE MOST OUTTER REACHES OF THE COSMOS
I remember hearing about after 92 everyone had to become a fictional superthug mean mugger. Hip Hop brehs went from clean ass flat tops to bald heads and sometimes locs within a year or two:russ:

This vid is from a group called Raw Breed, look how cringe this shyt was:mjlol:

Also, what was with rappers and those weird ass voices back then?

Another cringe ass video. The mean mugging, big ass chain :laff:

Sad thing is, once this era began it never stopped:francis:

These are all of these drill rapper’s fathers, uncles etc and now they’re just repeating the cycle.

Hip hop needs a renaissance :mjcry:

Some NewYork shyt!
:scust:

Ghostface Trillah

God-level poster
Daps
Reppin
Mt. Olympus
This was the era where the label told you who you had to be. There was no other outlets for you and contractually your options were do it or sit on the shelf until they dropped you as a tax write off and you never got another look to do music again.

Rough ass times because labels just copied whatever was hot way worse than now so it was always super obvious.

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Masterpiece of a thread, I'm on the floor laughing off this shyt, :russ:. And you on point what you're saying.

Almost every rapper has a gimmick, that shyt is wild corny, lol. Consumers, sometimes subconsciously, buy into your image/branding before they buy into your talent (somebody on here told me image means nothing a few days ago, :laugh:) so I understand why the labels "develop" artists and shape these ridiculous gimmicks and shyt...but it's hilarious, especially when that shyt aint the style no more, :bryan: