Top 5 Rappers of All-Time

Inspect Her Deck

Skins of all colours come together as brothers
Daps
This topic has been like flogging a dead horse....but we're gonna do it again.
:unimpressed:

But instead of just listing your 5, try and explain why so we can get some conversation/debate going. What are the factors that are most important in determining your top 5? Is it longevity? Quality of work? Proficiency in actual rapping?

I might contemplate running a table and collect everyone's results if you're interested in that kinda thing.
:yeshrug:

Anyway, here's my top 5 as of this moment:

5. MC Eiht
4. Scarface
3. Ghostface Killah
2. Redman
1. Ice Cube

Bring on your top 5s....

AngrySnarlingHairstreakbutterfly-small.gif

Inspect Her Deck

Daps
I'm a big fan of body of work and strong discographies, and I feel that all the rappers in my top 5 have NUMEROUS classic/very strong albums. All of them have been influential in a significant way in shaping the culture, the subject matter that is rapped about etc.

Cube is my GOAT because his peak work is untouchable imo. Death Certificate is the GOAT album.

King Poetic

A.K.A. Duke Illington
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles County, California
Mines is off albums and what I consider classics .. my top 5 no order what so ever

1. Ice Cube — straight outta Compton, amerikkkas most wanted, death certificate, kill at will all classics... today was a good day still banging till this day and even his later albums laugh now cry later and raw footage was solid and the west side connection 1st album a classic

2. Nas... best lyrical Mc of all time... illmatic, it was written and stillmatic are classics... the distant relatives album is a classic for me and his other albums was great lyrically but bad production

3. Scarface.... king of the south... mr Scarface is back , the fix and the diary are classics and the geto boys albums was top notch

4. Tupac.. all eyes on me and 7 day theory classics... 2pacalys. Now is a underground classic and his overall impact will always have him in my top 5

5. Jay-Z.... it was between him and rakim but Even tho RA is better lyrically, Jay overall albums was better

Inspect Her Deck

Daps
Mines is off albums and what I consider classics .. my top 5 no order what so ever

1. Ice Cube — straight outta Compton, amerikkkas most wanted, death certificate, kill at will all classics... today was a good day still banging till this day and even his later albums laugh now cry later and raw footage was solid and the west side connection 1st album a classic

2. Nas... best lyrical Mc of all time... illmatic, it was written and stillmatic are classics... the distant relatives album is a classic for me and his other albums was great lyrically but bad production

3. Scarface.... king of the south... mr Scarface is back , the fix and the diary are classics and the geto boys albums was top notch

4. Tupac.. all eyes on me and 7 day theory classics... 2pacalys. Now is a underground classic and his overall impact will always have him in my top 5

5. Jay-Z.... it was between him and rakim but Even tho RA is better lyrically, Jay overall albums was better

The only person that actually gave reasoning lol

Fair enough bro - very respectable list. Surprised Ghost is not there given your username.

King Harlem

Superstar
Daps
This topic has been like flogging a dead horse....but we're gonna do it again.
:unimpressed:

But instead of just listing your 5, try and explain why so we can get some conversation/debate going. What are the factors that are most important in determining your top 5? Is it longevity? Quality of work? Proficiency in actual rapping?

I might contemplate running a table and collect everyone's results if you're interested in that kinda thing.
:yeshrug:

Anyway, here's my top 5 as of this moment:

5. MC Eiht
4. Scarface
3. Ghostface Killah
2. Redman
1. Ice Cube

Bring on your top 5s....

AngrySnarlingHairstreakbutterfly-small.gif

I'm going to make a suggestion that you follow your own advice, so we don't end up with a bunch of people just listing their top 5s (in your original post).
I would love to hear why MC Eiht is in yours.

Ashtrey

Superstar
Daps
Pac - matw, aeom, 7dt in my top list
Cube - straight outta cpt to bow down. Multiple classics.
Big - 2 albums but elite classics
Face - debut to The Fix is amazing minus My Homies
Snoop - if i just used his work from 92-95 he'd be my GOAT