Top 5 Rappers of All-Time

MurderToCassette

Sa Da Tay
Daps
Reppin
I am comfortable and I love you
1. Kool G Rap - Had a great run from the late 80's-mid 90's with a string of some of the best albums ever. Incredible lyricist, crazy flow. Cited as an influence by many other GOATS. Incredibly vivid storyteller.

2A/B. Pac/Nas - Two that I just appreciate more and more with time. Pac is another with a great string of albums. He's underrated as a lyricist because the emotion in his delivery overshadows his rhymes at times. Nas has somewhat of a spotty discography, but has a handful of classic albums, and enough unreleased material to make a few more classics. One of the best storytellers and pure rhymers ever.

3. Pharoahe Monch - One of the best pure rappers of all time. Made 3 incredible albums with Organized Konfusion and continues to make great music solo. Was way ahead of his time as far as flow and lyricism. Very technically skilled but uses his skill in service of the songs rather than a crutch as some other rappers do. Has great range of subject matter.

4. Kool Keith - I don't know what to say about this dude that hasn't been said. He's made great music in every decade since he started his career, he's got skills, he's funny as fukk....dudes a GOAT

5. Ghostface - Great discography, one of the few rappers that can make you go through every emotion in the space of a few bars. Great storyteller, one of the few truly unique cats the game has seen.

Waterproof

Warrior Lifestyle
Daps
I know it may seem obvious, but can you explain the difference between the two lists? Why do you think your all-time list is different from your personal favourite list? What objective measures are you using to produce that kinda list?

My all time list is without bias these are the Emcees who check damn near all boxes of being a great emcee. Lyrics, Story telling, Impact, delivery, Moving the Crowd, Stage presence ect

My Personal favorite is the Emcees who I listened to the most, who I think is dope, who I connected with

Damnshow

Veteran
Daps
giphy.gif

because I spit hot fire

Inspect Her Deck

Skins of all colours come together as brothers
Daps
storyteller

a minute to prey and second to die

money and the power

I’m dead

listen to mr Scarface is back album alone

u can literally lay back with your eyes close and depict in your mind how the song goes if u did a video

He was one of the first rappers to address the mental aspect of various acts. The idea of someone talking about feeling suicidal and mentally vulnerable etc. was refreshing and new.

Amazing discography and had some great work even in his later years.

Inspect Her Deck

Skins of all colours come together as brothers
Daps
1. Kool G Rap - Had a great run from the late 80's-mid 90's with a string of some of the best albums ever. Incredible lyricist, crazy flow. Cited as an influence by many other GOATS. Incredibly vivid storyteller.

2A/B. Pac/Nas - Two that I just appreciate more and more with time. Pac is another with a great string of albums. He's underrated as a lyricist because the emotion in his delivery overshadows his rhymes at times. Nas has somewhat of a spotty discography, but has a handful of classic albums, and enough unreleased material to make a few more classics. One of the best storytellers and pure rhymers ever.

3. Pharoahe Monch - One of the best pure rappers of all time. Made 3 incredible albums with Organized Konfusion and continues to make great music solo. Was way ahead of his time as far as flow and lyricism. Very technically skilled but uses his skill in service of the songs rather than a crutch as some other rappers do. Has great range of subject matter.

4. Kool Keith - I don't know what to say about this dude that hasn't been said. He's made great music in every decade since he started his career, he's got skills, he's funny as fukk....dudes a GOAT

5. Ghostface - Great discography, one of the few rappers that can make you go through every emotion in the space of a few bars. Great storyteller, one of the few truly unique cats the game has seen.

Put me onto Kool Keith bro I don't know a ton about him. I'm curious that he's no. 4 on your list
:ohhh:

Kixx

Pro
Daps
I won’t make a top 5 list, but I’ll just say that Scarface is at the top.

He has a flawless discography. Between his solo albums and his work with the Geto Boys, he got like 20 albums, and only weak one was the My Homiez Pt 2 and Balls and My Word, both albums that were put out without his permission by J Prince. He said he don’t like those albums.

Face got four decades of dope albums, 80’s, 90’s 2000’s and 2010’s. He got multiple classics, and his weaker albums are better than most albums. Deeply Rooted that he put out a couple years ago might be the best album by a rapper in his 40’s. As much as I like Naz, Jay and Snoop, they all got some trash albums.

Face also never sold out. Go through the list of most any big time rappers and they sold out. He maybe has like one or two radio jams, other than that, he pure rap. He don’t collab with whoever is hot at that time, he always did it his way.

On top of all this, he produced a lot of his own shyt and ran Def Jam South. He the best to me from a rapping stand point and body of work.