TOPIC OF THE DAY: Is There Such A Thing As The BLACK Community?

Is The BLACK COMMUNITY An Illusion?

• Total voters

ezrathegreat

Veteran
Daps
I think what the poster meant is that there is no such thing as a black functioning community. The last functioning black community went out after intergration.

Last edited:

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
I thunk what the poster meant is that there is no such thing as a black functioning community. The last functioning black community went out after intergration.
Well, that much is true. It's sad, but we never agree on anything at all as a community. Its like everyone is doing their own thing.

Insun Park

Fukk Em
Daps
White people common ground is white supremacy by osmosis. Black people don't have nothing close to white supremacy or nothing close to wanting to defeat it collectively. We may want it to end as its hell, we also don't want to come together.
We can't come together if we can't agree on certain things :manny:

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Of course there isn't.
Part of the reason why "Black Economics" is far more of a pipe-dream than a reality.
There may have been one at a point in time here in the US, since there was a shared region, family ties, religion, and experience.
Its simply not that way anymore.
Now, that doesn't mean we shouldn't uplift other Black people, it just means there's no inherent connection outside of similarities in oppression due to skin colour.

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
When I saw that post yesterday I was taken away :wow: Now, this poster and I are cool. However, I came to ask you all is there a such thing as a Black community? Asians and etc have their own community. Why can't we have out own :patrice: Is the Black Community an illusion that's just not there? Because me personally, I disagree with this statement.

What yall think :jbhmm:
"Asians and etc. have their own community" is an incredibly simplistic statement. What "Asian(s)" are you referring to? What nationality, language and ethnic group? Upper class or lower class? What part of the country are they from?

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
When I saw that post yesterday I was taken away :wow: Now, this poster and I are cool. However, I came to ask you all is there a such thing as a Black community? Asians and etc have their own community. Why can't we have out own :patrice: Is the Black Community an illusion that's just not there? Because me personally, I disagree with this statement.

Yall stay sucking off other races shyt is sad fam. Nobody has their own communities like cats on here make it seem. Everything all the other groups y'all like to suck off do we do too. I agree its like minded individuals of the same race but community stop. We aren't a monolith, we don't like the same shyt for various reasons so hell no it ain't no community. It is folks that are the same race and vibe together. This is obvious even on here. Are you cool with everyone on here (spare me the its whites trolling on here) because they are black the ones that are? No so,why would that change IRL? Just a low key way for some dudes to suck off other races and diss their own on some special snowflake out blacking silly stuff.

Last edited:

SirReginald

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
"Asians and etc. have their own community" is an incredibly simplistic statement. What "Asian(s)" are you referring to? What nationality, language and ethnic group? Upper class or lower class? What part of the country are they from?
I will say Filipinos for one. Maybe the Chinese and Koreans.

TL15

Veteran
Daps
Do all Asians agree on every topic?
Do all Whites agree on every topic?
Do all Mexicans agree on every topic?

So do all blacks HAVE to agree on every topic? :jbhmm:

If there is no black community, then there are no other racial communities either. You guys on here act like every other race out there continues to work together through everything with no disagreements. Untrue. Other races may be doing better/smarter things economically then we are, but that is not the only thing that defines "a community"

Just because we haven't been yet able to establish a strong economic base (which I think will change soon with the movement of black money to black banks) does not mean that we are not a community. This whole "divide and conquer" rhetoric is to pit us against each other. Show MOST black people in this country that video of Eric Garner and watch them get upset. Show MOST black people in this country that video of Obama and Michelle when he first got elected in 2008 and watch them get proud. Show MOST black people in this country a picture of George Zimmerman and watch them feel disgust.

There 100% IS a black community. We are a large black family. Some outcasts, a lot of dysfunction, but by and large MOST black people want the same things. I feel like this era is going to really shift the tides of the black experience in America and we are just so early we can't see it yet.

Scientific Playa

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Championships

the community is still intact in many places of the country .

a good black film with a strong message filmed in your neck of the woods of northern virgina.

enjoy

0bd5ea_8dfa7d18fe684516a00c7de616926b00.jpg

SirReginald

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
Yall stay sucking off other races shyt is sad fam. Nobody has their own communities like cats on here make it seem. Everything all,the other groups like to suck off do we do too. I agree its like minded individuals of the same race but community stop. We aren't a monolith, we don't like the same shyt for various reasons so hell no it ain't no community. It is folks that are the same race and vibe together. This is obvious even on here. Are you cool with everyone on here (spare the its whites trolling on here) because they are black the ones that are? No so,why would that change IRL? Just a low key way for some dudes to suck off other races and diss their own on some special snowflake out blacking silly stuff.
I don't suck off anyone sir. When have I dissed my own?