TOPIC OF THE DAY: Is There Such A Thing As The BLACK Community?

Is The BLACK COMMUNITY An Illusion?

• Total voters

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I will say Filipinos for one. Maybe the Chinese and Koreans.
Yeah, they honestly do not have a "community" as we see it.
Depends on their ethnicity, their language, where they grew up, how wealthy they are, first/second/third generation, religion, etc.
Now, a grouping of upper-middle class, second-generation, Buddhist,Han Chinese people living near an Orthodox Jewish neighborhood, most of which are likely to have what could be referred to as a "community," because they share so many similarities.
But trust me, other than that, they really don't.
I've grown up around Vietnamese and Chinese kids my whole life, Americans see what they want to see, but they don't have a tight-community unless they've known each other for years.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
No not really, but if we can at least get to the point where we can establish an economic infrastructure, we can build from there.

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
Yeah, they honestly do not have a "community" as we see it.
Depends on their ethnicity, their language, where they grew up, how wealthy they are, first/second/third generation, religion, etc.
Now, a grouping of upper-middle class, second-generation, Buddhist,Han Chinese people living near an Orthodox Jewish neighborhood, most of which are likely to have what could be referred to as a "community," because they share so many similarities.
But trust me, other than that, they really don't.
I've grown up around Vietnamese and Chinese kids my whole life, Americans see what they want to see, but they don't have a tight-community unless they've known each other for years.
Oh, I guess that must be a local thing here then. Because in Hampton Roads the Filipinos and Koreans are tight knitted together. However, I take your word for it because you know more on this issue than myself.