TRUKFIT is an APPAREL LINE developed & marketed by BRAVADO THE 360' merchandising arm of UNIVERSAL

KENNY DA COOKER

HARD ON HOES is not a word it's a LIFESTYLE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
F
i know this is your area.
how much of luda's advice is true or just a rapper talking shyt???

its part TRUTH and part SHYT TALKING...

I helped create two LLCs (limited liability Corporations)..one of which still is active with my cousin as CEO whom i had advised to have his own business. .cause of The bad deals which was nothing more than loans in the form of 360 deals being offered to him by Warner/Asylum

and Yes LUDA is absolutly right nothing is better than owning your own brand. .. trademark. ..being a CHECK WRITER is a wonderful thing. ....

my cousin Loves his SOVERIGNTY...

but it aint EASY :whoa:

and like LUDA says its alot og SMOKE N MIRRORS

for The record NOBODY NOWADAYS ARE 100% independent

all that sell it out your trunk philosophy died longtime ago. ...once the internet turned mixtapes and CDs into files

and small business record stores got ate up by big media chains like BEST BUY and little Hood bootleg spots got raided by The RIAA.....

but The real Nail in The coffin was The MAJOR LABELS morphing into ONE BIG CONGLOMERATE like VEVO...basically DISTRIBUTORS have swallowed up The Market full of indies

you cant do nothing without a DISTRIBUTOR ...ask TECH NINE ...his Strange Music "indy" HAS to go thru the channels of Universal Records and its sublabel like Fontana to Even be able to Eat...

LUDA knows this thats why he States in that Song he Will NEVER go against his PRESIDENT aka SHAWN CARTER who at The time was running DEF JAM...

Cause DTP at that time was an IMPRINT basically a subordinate of DEF JAM...

so in reality WHO IS ACTUALLY INDEPENDENT ?!?!?

and as far as The SHOW MONEY ...thats an Urban legend

Even IF you think u getting over by not dealing with LIVE NATION and THIER MONOPOLY doing ARENA TOURS

you still gotta break bread with TICKETMASTER at most of These small venues and chitlin Circuit Clubs

and guess who owns TICKETMASTER

...BYATCH u guessed it. ..LIVE NATION :yeshrug:

so not only we have Industry plant artist. we have industry plant labels

being INDEPENDENT is an OXYMORAN These:blessed: days

Last edited:

mr.africa

Veteran
Daps

I helped create two LLCs (limited liability Corporations)..one of which still is active with my cousin as CEO whom i had advised to have his own business. .cause of The bad deals which was nothing more than loans in the form of 360 deals being offered to him by Warner/Asylum

and Yes LUDA is absolutly right nothing is better than owning your own brand. .. trademark. ..being a CHECK WRITER is a wonderful thing. ....

all that sell it out your trunk philosophy died longtime ago. ...once the internet turned mixtapes and CDs into files

and small business record stores got ate up by big media chains like BEST BUY and little Hood bootleg spots got raided by The RIAA.....

but The real Nail in The coffin was The MAJOR LABELS morphing into ONE BIG CONGLOMERATE like VEVO...basically DISTRIBUTORS have swallowed up The Market full of indies

you cant do nothing without a DISTRIBUTOR ...ask TECH NINE ...his Strange Music "indy" HAS to go thru the channels of Universal Records and its sublabel like Fontana to Even be able to Eat...

LUDA knows this thats why he States in that Song he Will NEVER go against his PRESIDENT aka SHAWN CARTER who at The time was running DEF JAM...

Even IF you think u getting over by not dealing with LIVE NATION and THIER MONOPOLY doing ARENA TOURS

you still gotta break bread with TICKETMASTER at most of These small venues and chitlin Circuit Clubs

:salute:learn something new everyday!!!

Offthegrid

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

dats crazy I been learning alot from u n other folks behind da scenes in da industry n shyt made me stop recording music for a yr cus da shyt is to phony n im not a phony kicking it type person unless its gonna benefit me

KENNY DA COOKER

HARD ON HOES is not a word it's a LIFESTYLE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
F
dats crazy I been learning alot from u n other folks behind da scenes in da industry n shyt made me stop recording music for a yr cus da shyt is to phony n im not a phony kicking it type person unless its gonna benefit me

Don't let it stop your passion :whoa:

Just be as Passionate on the BUSINESS END.... a lot of this stuff you can DIY....

you just gotta learn to sacrifice lots of time and energy

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
I didn't know there were 360 deals in the fashion industry.

Nah it's a part of a 360 music deal more than likely. Wayne gets to look like a "boss" with his own clothing line, when in reality it's just a way for his label to recoup off him.

You can't be a boss when you're not even sober.

Daps
Reppin
VOID
Trukfit is hot garbage anyway.
THis.

I sure hope DGK isn't distributed by them though...
If Trukfit was in Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2 (GOAT) I'd prob wouldn't even unlock it:yeshrug:
I can honestly say I haven't seen anything appealing

90s early 2000s Skateboard fashion was and still is G.O.A.T

Even the decks:banderas:

Wayne tried to hop on to the bandwagon way ....way to late
I'd say early 90s to early 00s skateboard fashion was the t*ts.

I remember when I got my first pairs of DCs and Es sneakers...heads was breakin they necks at those...

ofcourse...I actually skate:smugdraper:

Daps
Reppin
VOID
But shyt just gets on my nerves...we get hyped thinking a young black male like ourselves is a boss and an owner of something cool and hot...only to find out some out of touch ass white man (or woman in this case) owns that shyt...SMH.
The fukk she know about hip-hop or skateboarding? :wtf:
Shyt...how many black people actually WORK for Trukfit?:what::mjpls:

SleezyBigSlim

Banned
Daps

The power is in distribution and the only way to get that kinda power is to build your own distribution with exclusive music, that's what this nikka is doing:huhldup:

Last edited:

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
The general perception is that Lil Wayne owns Trukfit but come to find out some white woman owns it :krs:
Like Sean John
Like Rocawear (used to work for a guy who's family owned Rocawear)
Like BBC

Diddy, Jay, and Pharrell (add Kanye to that list too) are just faces for other's work.

SleezyBigSlim

Banned
Daps
Like Sean John
Like BBC

Diddy, Jay, and Pharrell (add Kanye to that list too) are just faces for other's work.
See that's where you wrong Jay and Diddy actually owned their clothing line imprints

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
Like Sean John
Like BBC

See that's where you wrong Jay and Diddy actually owned their clothing line imprints
I heard it was some Russian dude that gave Dame the bread for Rocawear and also owned a majority of it