TRUKFIT is an APPAREL LINE developed & marketed by BRAVADO THE 360' merchandising arm of UNIVERSAL

CHILLL

All Star
Daps
lil-wayne-birdman-euro-nouvelle-compile-rise-of-an-empire-790x620.jpg

Lil Wayne : dad im thinking of you know leaving cash money, terminate contracts and do my own thing
Birdman :

Wayne : heh whats so funny dad?

CHILLL

All Star
Daps
nah but tbh it means nothing tbh if yall could read and comprehend you'd see it means nothing
jay had a small share in barclays etc yall should know these things

Last edited:

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
No way brehs. I won't believe it. You are telling me Lil Wayne doesn't actually run Trukfit day to day and he is more of a partner to a company that knows how to run a skateboarding clothing line? :ohhh::ohhh:
I'd imagine Universal created Bravado for the 360 deal.
The whole point is to get a cut out of everything your artist does.
So why not create a company that takes care of one of those possible ventures your artist takes?
shyt is genius.

Yeah, Im not getting the point of this thread

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
Just to show how deep and complex the 360 deals are getting.
As an artist wouldn't you want this though? If the label's already eating off your merch money the hell yeah they better put up for the manufacturing, marketing, and promotion. I know it's kind of double dipping but these dudes aren't entrepreneurs and won't do it themselves sans Diddy, 50, Jay

Daps
kells_disapproving.gif

"Bravado is the only global, 360 degree full service merchandise company , which develops and markets high quality licensed merchandise to a worldwide audience.

The Company works closely with new & established entertainment clients, creating innovative products carefully tailored to each artist or brand. Products are sold on LIVE TOURS, via SELECTED RETAIL OUTLETS and through online stores.

Under the UNIVERSAL MUSIC GROUP (UMG) umbrella , Bravado is able to leverage a global sales and distribution network from the world's largest record company, as well as the group's significant market strength. http://www.universalmusic.com/company

Bravado is the official merchandising company of your favorite artists. Check out some of our top items as worn by artists and celebritites.
http://bravadousa.tumblr.com/

tumblr_mao5guKbsD1rzgsuso1_500.jpg

Overview of Trukfit, LLC in New York, NY
This profile for Trukfit, LLC is located in New York, NY. Trukfit, LLC industry is listed as Mens and Boys Clothing.
Key People
Lil Wayne serves as the Managing Member
Susan Guerin is the Chief Financial Officer of Trukfit, LLC.

Susan Guerin serves as the CAO (Chief Administrative Officer) of Truckfit , as CFO wrote the business plan for fund raising and built the business creating exponential growth, resulting in a liquidity event for investors.
pci0208-NM-Guerin.jpg
Susan Guerin aka "Ms. Truckfit"

this is actually, interesting.. :ooh:

explains how it instantly got Macys distribution.. :lupe:

I don't think Stevie & DGK in their also..? :dwillhuh: wonder if Asphalt Yacht Club is in there..? :patrice:

ignorethis

RIP Fresh RIP Doe RIP Phat
Daps
As an artist wouldn't you want this though? If the label's already eating off your merch money the hell yeah they better put up for the manufacturing, marketing, and promotion. I know it's kind of double dipping but these dudes aren't entrepreneurs and won't do it themselves sans Diddy, 50, Jay
I guess if you're already in a 360, but you forget their was a time rappers were hitting real licks off clothing brands and merchandising, those days look like a thing of the past.
Wayne ain't need Universal to make Trukfit as big as it is now, but they gonna eat majority of the proceeds regardless.

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
I guess if you're already in a 360, but you forget their was a time rappers were hitting real licks off clothing brands and merchandising, those days look like a thing of the past.
Wayne ain't need Universal to make Trukfit as big as it is now, but they gonna eat majority of the proceeds regardless.

The thing is record labels probably didn't know what merch could do until the Diddys, Jay's and 50 came around. It's like George Lucas and Star Wars. Lucas negotiated a pay decrease to direct the film in exchange for keeping all merchandising rights and rights to any sequels. Merch wasn't popping back then in the film industry to Fox was cool with it. After that you won't see some shyt like that again lol
The general perception is that Lil Wayne owns Trukfit but come to find out some white woman owns it :krs:

People really thought Wayne owned Trukfit? Tbh I always thought it was some 3rd party brand that paid him to be a brand endoser until this thread.

emoney

custom user title
Daps

But your assuming that Trukfit was Wayne's idea. It seems as tho, Wayne is just endorsing it for a fee. This chick is the CEO, so I there is a high probability that Wayne is just modelling the clothes because he's a well known celebrity and getting paid.

emoney

custom user title
Daps
People really thought Wayne owned Trukfit? Tbh I always thought it was some 3rd party brand that paid him to be a brand endoser until this thread.

I did.. but now that I think of it....it might be more of a me not really caring to actually look into it and just assuming because it was a small relatively unknown clothing line that he probably owned it. I don't follow YMCMB movement like that.

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
We call Wayne a sucker but his deal with Universal could help him gain valuable experience in his own joint ventures in the future. That is if he spent time studying how the media Companies operate. He's very young for the most part

That nikka be leaned/weeded out. Only thing he was studying was his skateboard :heh: