Twitter chief Jack Dorsey announces plans to move to Africa

EBK String

Better Ring String
Supporter
Daps
What would you suggest?

Capital isnt just financial. There’s also social and knowledge capital.

i'm not suggesting anything this isn't my fight, but I know this doesn't end well for the African masses who will be exploited by cac and asian capitalist while the African elites get their cut.

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
we dont have the capital to compete

You don't. But a group of you do.

i'm not suggesting anything this isn't my fight, but I know this doesn't end well for the African masses who will be exploited by cac and asian capitalist while the African elites get their cut.

No breh. It is your fight. Let's be clear. This fight is being fought on multiple fronts. Don't be so blind that you purposefully refuse to see the bigger picture.

tumblr_mhi84mgG4w1r95k5co1_400.gifv

Last edited:

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
Let me get this straight. These white tech goofs are now going to Africa while here in America still only 1% of funded VC deals are black people?

:mjlol:

Try not to look at it as a race thing, but from a user perspective. Internet penetration in across all of Africa is about 40% give or take compared to 90%+ in the US. That alone shows there's still a lot of growth on the African continent as more and more people are getting connected to the web. For a CEO like Dorsey, who's company is partially valued by its active user base, its imperative he keeps abreast with developments in one of the largest growing markets.

On the African continent all of these large firms MUST partner with local shops that understand the mechanics of the various societies.

Imyremeshaw

كن التغير الذي تريد أن تراه في العالم
Daps
Reppin
NULL
To be fair, Senegal and CIV have really improved in the recent years as it concerns development and what not. However, the vicegrip of French monetary policy inhibits their dynasicm to a degree.

Yea that French control is so true, until i lived in the US i truly didn't understand the extent of their control

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
Yea that French control is so true, until i lived in the US i truly didn't understand the extent of their control

The CFA is one of the biggest control schemes I've ever seen in my life. Can you imagine that as a sovereign nation, you cannot fully control the affairs of your national currency.