U.S. Rents fell for the 8th straight month due to boom in new apartments

2legit

All Star
Daps

US Median Rents Fall for Eighth Month on Boom in New Apartments​

• Orlando, Austin, Dallas see biggest declines in rent prices
  • December rents remain 22% higher than before the pandemic

US median rents dropped for an eighth straight month in December as a surge in new units provided some relief on asking prices and suggested further declines in 2024.

Metro areas in the West such as San Francisco and Los Angeles continued to experience year-on-year price declines, but the most significant drops were seen across big cities in the South as multifamily completion rates jumped 32% from January to October, according to a report by Realtor.com Thursday.

2legit

All Star
Daps

Bunchy Carter

I'll Take The Money Over The Honey
Daps
Reppin
Triple O.G. Bunchy Carter
Can anyone on this forum confirm their rent has gone down or stayed the same?

A lot of these users still live at home, like the user below. You can tell the picture was taken in his parents living room:
DYo40wn.jpg

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Probably just some move in specials to incentivize people to move into "new apartments" that were empty because people couldnt afford them. Hope they saving up for that increase at renewal:francis:

My apartment gets worst and worst,we got homeless people living in the building as we speak. I see them laying in the hallway in the mornings.We got at least one guy living in the stairwell,looks like several based on the ammount of trash and variety of smells:scust:

One morning i took the stairs and i heard a voice "Who dat!":gucci:. I just kept walking and then they said it again more aggressively "I saaaaid who DAT". I told the voice "I live here:gucci:". But no need to be a big shot,I kept walking. You never know how deep they might be. One day I walked in and 5 of them were chillin on the stairs with the ":shaq:" face and they werent moving off the stairs for me to pass. I immediately shut the door back. But then I felt p*ssy,so i walked back in and did the Iverson step over on all they asses. Only reason I havent snitched is because it may be helpful during renegotiations if they try to raise a 3rd year in a row. "We really raising the rent with all these people living here for free:sas2:"

"Get punked once its an anomoly,get punked twice its part of your character"-Still Benefited

prime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The heights
It's starting to happen in the south east suburbs of the Chicagoland area. A lot of people are just moving to northwest Indiana for cheaper rent and now rent prices are decreasing out here because properties were sitting for months

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh