U.S. Rents fell for the 8th straight month due to boom in new apartments

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps
I mean does it really move the need

I saw the little preview of the article and it said “sac dropped by 6.5% coming up to a median of 2500 avg in rent”

I guess it’s a good thing it’s dropping but is it going to drop enough?

NAUGHTY

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Whorelando, FL
ORLANDO???!!!

:mjlol:

Rent down here ain’t going down worth a shyt. I have the apartment list app and they show how much units are increasing/decreasing. You’d be lucky to find a spot that’s gone down $20! Lmao. Mind you, these are rent SPECIALS.

WOW! $20??? Golly gee no foolin?? :gladbron:

Yep. Along with a $800 application fee per person, a $300 security deposit, $300 per pet registration and a $100 vehicle registration fee! :blessed:

:whoo:

Fun fact: Orlando is ranked the WORST big city in America for wage/rent ratio. Most people here barely make $15-$20 but avg rent bout $1600. I had an apartment in Pine Hills that was $875. Nice lil spot in the hood. This was at the end of 2019 right before the pandemic. That mf $1300 now :damn:
All they did was change the name! No renovations or nothing :dead:

Sir Richard Spirit

Superstar
Daps
It's starting to happen in the south east suburbs of the Chicagoland area. A lot of people are just moving to northwest Indiana for cheaper rent and now rent prices are decreasing out here because properties were sitting for months

I live in NWI. The prices in Hammond are still going up.

And it doesn’t matter if the price or rent drops a little bit. If you went from $1000 to $2000 and your landlord settles at $1650, you still lose.

prime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The heights
I live in NWI. The prices in Hammond are still going up.

And it doesn’t matter if the price or rent drops a little bit. If you went from $1000 to $2000 and your landlord settles at $1650, you still lose.
Breh look at the prices in Hammond compared to markham the average house in Hammond is 1450 for a 3 bedroom house and the average in Markham is 2100 :huhldup: I would rather pay 1450 in Hammond especially in Columbia Center or sleicher the decent parts in Hammond compared to Markham would you pay 2400 to stay in Markham
16512 Plymouth Dr, Markham, IL 60428 | Zillow

Last edited:

Sir Richard Spirit

Superstar
Daps
Breh look at the prices in Hammond compared to markham the average house in Hammond is 1450 for a 3 bedroom house and the average in Markham is 2100 :huhldup: I would rather pay 1450 in Hammond especially in Columbia Center or sleicher the decent parts in Hammond compared to Markham would you pay 2400 to stay in Markham
16512 Plymouth Dr, Markham, IL 60428 | Zillow
$2400 to live in Markham is ridiculous but them property taxes gotta get paid :yeshrug:

Hammond/Munster eating off Illinois plate non stop. Rents and Home prices going up. Right off the expressway and both cities investing $$$ all over the city.

Munster got a Rose Bud steakhouse.

Hammond got one of the biggest YMCA in America.

New money all over both cities. Hammond schools are trash tho..

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
I call BS on this. Just meddling around looking at spots in Austin and SATX and them shyts still $2k plus. The only spots i see that are 06 prices are all rent controlled, voucher type apartments

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
ORLANDO???!!!

:mjlol:

Rent down here ain’t going down worth a shyt. I have the apartment list app and they show how much units are increasing/decreasing. You’d be lucky to find a spot that’s gone down $20! Lmao. Mind you, these are rent SPECIALS.

WOW! $20??? Golly gee no foolin?? :gladbron:

Yep. Along with a $800 application fee per person, a $300 security deposit, $300 per pet registration and a $100 vehicle registration fee! :blessed:

:whoo:

Fun fact: Orlando is ranked the WORST big city in America for wage/rent ratio. Most people here barely make $15-$20 but avg rent bout $1600. I had an apartment in Pine Hills that was $875. Nice lil spot in the hood. This was at the end of 2019 right before the pandemic. That mf $1300 now :damn:
All they did was change the name! No renovations or nothing :dead:

It's because all of these "investors" see real estate as a quick hustle, so every city across America with cheap rents/cheap property values look like an untapped market to exploit for their gain even though these regions have lower costs BECAUSE the wages are lower. It don't make no sense for somebody in Orlando to be paying almost two stacks a month when we know there's no real industry (e.g. tech, finance, law, engineering, etc.) in that city. Without looking I know most people in that city probably either work for a hospital, a college, Disney World, some trucking company or another blue collar job.

Peruvian Connect

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Honestly a certain demographic of women gotta be cool with 50/50 :manny: The man pay the bigger bills like rent,car notes,car insurance and the woman pay the utility bills
Thats not 50/50 . Rent like 2G's utilities like 100 on the low side