U.S. Rents fell for the 8th straight month due to boom in new apartments

prime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The heights
Thats not 50/50 . Rent like 2G's utilities like 100 on the low side
I was including Xfinity I guess not technically utility bill but I can't speak for other cities but utilities in cook county is high as fukk (comed,nicor,water bill and garbage pick up bill) all that add up to over 700 a month and plus she pays for all of the subscriptions

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
Can anyone on this forum confirm their rent has gone down or stayed the same?
No, but I renewed my apartment here in North Raleigh back in October for only $21 more. So I'm not really feeling like it's a rent increase. And I live in North Hills, you know the location alone you'd expect them to tax. Where do you live in the city?
I mean does it really move the need

I saw the little preview of the article and it said “sac dropped by 6.5% coming up to a median of 2500 avg in rent”

I guess it’s a good thing it’s dropping but is it going to drop enough?
I just left Sacramento, you can still find spots in the low 1000s for sure, one of my rellies is renting for like $1250. A complex up the street from him is going around that same range, and its not the most desirable area of town but it isn't the worst at all (this is Gardenland, Uptown, etc). Even in South Natomas you can find spots in the mid-1000s...

They should drop lower across the country, I agree with you, but people have to stop trying to live beyond their means. There are affordable places if cats know how to dig for them and stay within their means!

TheKongoEmpire

A Wilsonian Garveyite
Daps
Reppin
The Original Man and the First Gods
ORLANDO???!!!

:mjlol:

Rent down here ain’t going down worth a shyt. I have the apartment list app and they show how much units are increasing/decreasing. You’d be lucky to find a spot that’s gone down $20! Lmao. Mind you, these are rent SPECIALS.

WOW! $20??? Golly gee no foolin?? :gladbron:

Yep. Along with a $800 application fee per person, a $300 security deposit, $300 per pet registration and a $100 vehicle registration fee! :blessed:

:whoo:

Fun fact: Orlando is ranked the WORST big city in America for wage/rent ratio. Most people here barely make $15-$20 but avg rent bout $1600. I had an apartment in Pine Hills that was $875. Nice lil spot in the hood. This was at the end of 2019 right before the pandemic. That mf $1300 now :damn:
All they did was change the name! No renovations or nothing :dead:
sHOUTOUT to Alafaya.

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
No, but I renewed my apartment here in North Raleigh back in October for only $21 more. So I'm not really feeling like it's a rent increase. And I live in North Hills, you know the location alone you'd expect them to tax. Where do you live in the city?

I just left Sacramento, you can still find spots in the low 1000s for sure, one of my rellies is renting for like $1250. A complex up the street from him is going around that same range, and its not the most desirable area of town but it isn't the worst at all (this is Gardenland, Uptown, etc). Even in South Natomas you can find spots in the mid-1000s...

They should drop lower across the country, I agree with you, but people have to stop trying to live beyond their means. There are affordable places if cats know how to dig for them and stay within their means!
I live on mini city that's on capital. :mjcry:

Loggie

All Star
Daps
I gotta move to Tampa next month...

Hope these prices go down a lil more :noah:
I stayed in Egypt-Leto Lake area for $700 in ‘16. It’s a cool little Spanish area. No drama and close to the main roads.

• Dap
Reactions: 904

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
I live on mini city that's on capital. :mjcry:
Rents haven't stabilized over in Mini City? Even if they haven't gone down, because they not going down over here either but they are stabilizing. I guess the list of hoe rents are dropping, are new units going for less than they would've, because I don't actually know anyone who rent is dropping either 😂

WesCrook

Veteran
Daps
I moved into my pad in August 2014. Rent was $640.00

Currently it's $765.00.

I don't live in the hood either.

Circa 2020:
20200423-204722.jpg

thelonious21

I like my women tall
Daps
Reppin
Da Hood
I was actually talking to my mom's about this.
With all these new apartments being built.. ain't no way you can charge the same thing for this 1975 built unit..

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
Rents haven't stabilized over in Mini City? Even if they haven't gone down, because they not going down over here either but they are stabilizing. I guess the list of hoe rents are dropping, are new units going for less than they would've, because I don't actually know anyone who rent is dropping either 😂

It's never gonna happen. It's in the national zeitgeist that Raleigh is cheap. It's not but people are moving by the shyt load here.