UFC 269 On ESPN+ PPV [12/11] “Blood Diamond” (Oliveira/Poirier, Nunes/Pena)

Who Wins Saturday Night?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Folks will still sleep on Charles

Yeah they will. I've even heard a pundit this morning suggest Conor could still have something for Charles in round 1 if they fought. :pacspit:

People need to give Charles more props. He's only lost 3 times ever at 155.

That's a dope tweet from Kevin. He's fought a lot of folks too. That's high praise.

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
Amanda just had a baby. that killer instinct ain't there anymore.

when women become moms, biology kicks in & priorities change.

clap for Amanda (the GOAT since...) but it's a wrap.

only a matter of time before she loses the featherweight title.

She didn’t give birth. But it’s clear she honestly doesn’t care anymore. That and she just coming off COVID

CW_1991

Banned
Daps
She didn’t give birth. But it’s clear she honestly doesn’t care anymore. That and she just coming off COVID

I feel that way as well. She reigned for a while. And then the division isn't really that stacked to begin with.

JDH

All Star
Supporter
Daps
gGYMJKf.jpg

Daps
good luck pena :francis:

Nunes going to kill this woman:mjlol::mjlol:

Amanda finna assault

she about to get her ass whoop

Rogan thinks Pena should BRAWL with Nunes!?

Uhh yeah...that worked well for Cyborg.

the ufc selling pena as a contender is a legit testament to their ability and willingness to market anyone

She's just having fun out chea:russ:

Amanda started smiling after the first flurry of pitty pat punches she threw. :mjlol:
:umad:

etrofllenrod504

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
no doubt! That's awesome you and your son train. I've been trying to get a BJJ school open for 2 years. I quit my desk job in late 2018 to make it happen, but Covid has really slowed the process down. Hopefully 2022 I can get things going a little faster. I saw an ADCC 2005 highlight video with Jacare and Marcelo Garcia in 06/07 and started training.

Did you see some of the k-guard stuff Ryan Hall was playing last night?

Also, I'm loving seeing a lot of the young guns around your kid's age. Kade and Tye Ruotolo, Cole Abate, Mica Galvao, and William and Andrew Tackett are some of my favorites to watch in the whole sport right now. It's really great to see kids that started 10+ years ago like your son that are starting to come into adulthood and getting the adult strength meshing with the already superb technique.
Lol its funny because we are good friends with William and Andrew. Andrew is actually the last teen to beat my son in competition a sub only tournament in Houston my son's only loss was to Andrew (before that my son been beating adult black belts/brown/purple in agf before the rule changes of color belts had to compete in they rank). We met tye and Kade in Atlantic City last month we were staying at the same hotel ran into them at the hotel gym and had a hour long Convo and exchanged numbers. We going out to San Diego this summer because hes considering training at atos while in college(it's his senior year). My son did trails last month and aggravated a injury he didn't let properly heal. We also been knowing Cole a while because we met him when he use to train in Texas when he was 11yrs old. Mica is THE best out the bunch that young man is special special. My son has aspirations of winning in adcc but he HAS to get out of New Orleans/Louisiana as a whole to achieve that. His gym that he just left(for personal reasons) he and Thahn Le(One feather weight champ)were training partners when he came back here and Thahn trains and is a brown belt under Ryan hall. We used alot of backside 50/50 concepts. My son at 17yrs old is considered one of the best no gi grapplers in this state. The resources are VERY limited here and in order to achieve his dream he has to go when there are sharks that have swam in champion level waters like adcc and ibjjf worlds.

Last edited:

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Lol its funny because we are good friends with William and Andrew. Andrew is actually the last teen to beat my son in competition a sub only tournament in Houston my son's only loss was to Andrew (before that my son been beating adult black belts/brown/purple in agf before the rule changes of color belts had to compete in they rank). We met tye and Kade in Atlantic City last month we were staying at the same hotel ran into them at the hotel gym and had a hour long Convo and exchanged numbers. We going out to San Diego this summer because hes considering training at atos while in college(it's his senior year). My son did trails last month and aggravated a injury he didn't let properly heal. We also been knowing Cole a while because we met him when he use to train in Texas when he was 11yrs old. Mica is THE best out the bunch that young man is special special. My son has aspirations of winning in adcc but he HAS to get out of New Orleans/Louisiana as a whole to achieve that. His gym that he just left(for personal reasons) he and Thahn Le(One feather weight champ)were training partners when he came back here and Thahn trains and is a brown belt under Ryan hall. We used alot of backside 50/50 concepts. My son at 17yrs old is considered one of the best no gi grapplers in this state. The resources are VERY limited here and in order to achieve his dream he has to go when there are sharks that have swam in champion level waters like adcc and ibjjf worlds.
Man...crazy. Was your son's match to Andrew at one of the Kumite events that Bruce puts together? We're definitely in the same circles. I was really close to going to Atlantic City earlier this month for Emerald City. I'm training with John Salter and Joe Solecki right now in NC, and they went out to trials last month as I'm sure you saw. I've been a 4-stripe brown belt for a few years, and unfortunately my coach passed unexpectedly last year. I'm training with them and some old teammates to try and get my black belt taken care of before I open a school.

I travel a lot, and if we're ever in the same spot I'd love to get some rolls with you and your son. Would you mind if I hit you up and exchanged info? That's awesome that he wants to win ADCC and is thinking about Atos. One of my best friends used to live with me, and moved out one day out of the blue to go to AOJ when the Mendes Bros moved to the states. He wanted to go try and become a wold champ. He stayed out there for a few years and didn't have the success he wanted, but he got his black belt from them, moved back and opened an Atos affiliate, and has no regrets about taking a shot at it.

Thahn is a beast. I met him the last time I was at 50/50, but we didn't get any rolls in. It was an open and he was getting in some bag work. I think he's such a surgical striker, and I'm really interested to see how his fight with Garry Tonon looks.

Last edited:

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Was a great event
Charles really been showing his heart these last few fights. He was a quitter earlier in his career but he's become a tank now. He pressed forward as much as he can even taking huge shots. That being said this is back to back fights where he was badly hurt in the opening round and was able to come back. That will not last forever. You keep letting top guys land on you like that you will get slept eventually. Him and Justin is a great match. It's basically a free win if Justin's back hits the mat but when they're up that's a war.
I wasn't that shocked Nunes lost. Seemed like she was due for one. Pena basically broke her mentally when she didn't give a fukk about the heaters Amanda was landing. Amanda is much better than she showed in this fight but it's not very easy to get up for fights anymore when you've done everything. Also I think that bout with COVID might have fukked her up worse than we thought. Her gas tank has been suspect in the past but she went from completely fine to completely empty in the span of like 3 minutes. She's a better fighter technically than Pena so if she takes a rematch seriously I think she'll win. Pena is not gonna be an easy out though, that mentality she came out with will always give a bully like Amanda problems..

I'm not sure who thought a man with absolutely no chin moving down a weight class was a good idea but Cody predictably got sparked. The reality about Cody is he only had one great night where he looked like a complete fighter against Cruz and has been a wild brawler in every other fight. He fights a lot more tentative now though cause he knows his chin is glass though. Which I think makes him worse. A glass Cannon needs to be constantly firing to be effective.

O'Malley beat another bum who cares

Cruz is a beast. There is no way he should be winning fights at this level with the injuries he's had. You can see he can't move like he used to so he's forced to stay in the pocket more but he's making it work for him. He's got tons of options. Aldo is probably too high ranked for now but it would be tragedy if we didn't see that at some point