UFC 269 On ESPN+ PPV [12/11] “Blood Diamond” (Oliveira/Poirier, Nunes/Pena)

Who Wins Saturday Night?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

etrofllenrod504

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Man...crazy. Was your son's match to Andrew at one of the Kumite events that Bruce puts together? We're definitely in the same circles. I was really close to going to Atlantic City earlier this month for Emerald City. I'm training with John Salter and Joe Solecki right now in NC, and they went out to trials last month as I'm sure you saw. I've been a 4-stripe brown belt for a few years, and unfortunately my coach passed unexpectedly last year. I'm training with them and some old teammates to try and get my black belt taken care of before I open a school.

I travel a lot, and if we're ever in the same spot I'd love to get some rolls with you and your son. Would you mind if I hit you up and exchanged info? That's awesome that he wants to win ADCC and is thinking about Atos. One of my best friends used to live with me, and moved out one day out of the blue to go to AOJ when the Mendes Bros moved to the states. He wanted to go try and become a wold champ. He stayed out there for a few years and didn't have the success he wanted, but he got his black belt from them, moved back and opened an Atos affiliate, and has no regrets about taking a shot at it.

Thahn is a beast. I met him the last time I was at 50/50, but we didn't get any rolls in. It was an open and he was getting in some bag work. I think he's such a surgical striker, and I'm really interested to see how his fight with Garry Tonon looks.
Man...crazy. Was your son's match to Andrew at one of the Kumite events that Bruce puts together? We're definitely in the same circles. I was really close to going to Atlantic City earlier this month for Emerald City. I'm training with John Salter and Joe Solecki right now in NC, and they went out to trials last month as I'm sure you saw. I've been a 4-stripe brown belt for a few years, and unfortunately my coach passed unexpectedly last year. I'm training with them and some old teammates to try and get my black belt taken care of before I open a school.

I travel a lot, and if we're ever in the same spot I'd love to get some rolls with you and your son. Would you mind if I hit you up and exchanged info? That's awesome that he wants to win ADCC and is thinking about Atos. One of my best friends used to live with me, and moved out one day out of the blue to go to AOJ when the Mendes Bros moved to the states. He wanted to go try and become a wold champ. He stayed out there for a few years and didn't have the success he wanted, but he got his black belt from them, moved back and opened an Atos affiliate, and has no regrets about taking a shot at it.

Thahn is a beast. I met him the last time I was at 50/50, but we didn't get any rolls in. It was an open and he was getting in some bag work. I think he's such a surgical striker, and I'm really interested to see how his fight with Garry Tonon looks.
Yup!!! Lol it was the last one Andrew won. My son came back and also won the 170lbs Blue belt Kumite in Feb. He subbed 7 out 8 in under 3 mins each match, only had one match went to OT. We are really close with Bruce lol. Crazy how small a world it can be. Man that dope you getting your black belt out there. I've slowed down rolling I only roll with my son due to covid and my wife being immune compromised (just for her I don't risk it) but yeah my son trains and wouldnt have issue. I have no problem sharing info.

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
gGYMJKf.jpg
good technique, but :dame:

profound

technique
Daps
Is there a such thing as a UFC fighter or a combat sports fighter in general intentionally throwing a fight but having somebody on the outside bedding a ridiculous amount of money on the outcome and just eating behind the scenes from it?

there was strong suspicion about Sonnen doing that vs Ortiz.

the accusation fit since he built his name (American gangster) off his money laundering conviction and his attempt at defrauding Silva of his title.

Ortiz was a +200 underdog and closed far below the number.

Sonnen immediately got taken down with a single leg, reversed and put on a choke, but changed position following a single tap on him from tito, then changed again after another single tap, then grabbed a leg and almost instantly gave up mount and got cranked with no hand fighting.

the fight is on YouTube.

dan hardy did a piece that got scrubbed where he called the fakery plain to see.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Y'all the most non gif posting UFC lovin' ass nikkas I ever seen.

CourageousForkedJellyfish-size_restricted.gif

ezgif.com-gif-maker-469f947b5bc42c389.gif

raoulduke187

All Star
Daps
I just watched the Pena/Nunes fight and I have to get this off my chest...shyt was completely fixed

made me lose a lot of respect for the UFC

they could've at least tried to make it look believable

Nunes dominated the first round then you expect people to believe that suddenly she forgot how to be an MMA fighter in the second? The undisputed best woman fighter in the UFC with decades of training and experience?

DC and Rogan's idiotic commentary in the first round gave it away as well "This is a good position for Pena" - *Pena on the ground getting smashed*

what's even more funny you could see Pena's shots barely moved Nunes even though she was intentionally standing there and taking them

you could literally see Nunes pulling punches and not using her power

and the ending was something straight out of the WWE Pena had NO hooks in, no control of the position, wasn't under the chin and Nunes was already tapping

a 15 year old kid in BJJ class could've rolled out of that but Amanda Nunes could not?

overall a complete shytshow and a cash grab :pacspit:

by the way I'm not a fan of Nunes and have always cheered against her but this is not how you dethrone a champion

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I just watched the Pena/Nunes fight and I have to get this off my chest...shyt was completely fixed

Nunes dominated the first round then you expect people to believe that suddenly she forgot how to be an MMA fighter in the second? The undisputed best woman fighter in the UFC with decades of training and experience?

DC and Rogan's idiotic commentary in the first round gave it away as well "This is a good position for Pena" - *Pena on the ground getting smashed*

what's even more funny you could see Pena's shots barely moved Nunes even though she was intentionally standing there and taking them

and the ending was something straight out of the WWE Pena had NO hooks in, no control of the position, wasn't under the chin and Nunes was already tapping

a 15 year old kid in BJJ class could've rolled out of that but Amanda Nunes could not?

by the way I'm not a fan of Nunes and have always cheered against her but this is not how you dethrone a champion

I didn't even see the fight and I thought it was fixed.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina

nunes looked high as fukk and hungover lol

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

Never saw the fight and don't plan on it, but I'm gonna believe all of this anyway because I want to.

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps

Wouldn’t shock me. Just like I think that Aldo/McGregor fight was fixed with Aldo loaded up on the most telegraphed right I’ve ever seen. Plus there is that footage of Connor backstage working out that scenario like he was preparing for a script

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
Nunes threw the fight to spend more time with her kid and wife
this doesn't make any sense. she would've had more time off if she won + if they still did TUF it would've been further down the road. she would've had a year off had she won, she was just to busy scissoring with randoms in Vegas