UGK - Underground Kingz was released 10 years ago

Reptile

Reptile For Mortal Kombat 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outworld
Okay - I 90% agree with everything you said here.

I skip "Stop N Go"
I'm not crazy about the beat on "How Ya Feel", I listen to it depending on my mood
"Hit The Block" is cool to me - but I think it was perfect as a bonus track
I absolutely agree that the original "Like That" is 10x better than the remix
I also thought "Candy" was a Bun solo cut that made the album

even still - I think there was much more solid chit on that album to call it a classic

Square up

Phantom Dreamer

All Star
Daps
You’re crazy...Pimps verses were fire fire fire on every one of those songs. Gold. Yeah some of those beats or features may not have been the best, but I never skip em without hearing Pimp spit first.

Candy is the only song I could do without. Pimp and Bun each had 1 solo track on the album...Pimp dropped the classic “Shattered Dreams” and one dimensional ass Bun did a song about candy paint. Pretty much sums them up.

But I love this album, happened to be road tripping cross country when I bought the double disc and listened to it so many times. Still listen to it all the time today.

Pimp is top 10 hip hop artists of all time...he was reminiscent of Pac coming out of jail and working his ass off, being very outspoken, being watched by the feds and still had not peaked as a musician. And he died at his peak (he would have soared higher).

"Shattered Dreams" damn near had a young nikka in tears.

You're right. Pimp was beginning a classic run (even the posthumous album was fire). Devastating loss for the community :mjcry:

OrbanTrilltor

All Star
Daps
IM STAYIN TRUEEEEEE
IM OUT HERE WHIPPIN MY MERCEDESSSSSS
fukkIN WIT THE MIDNIGHT LADIESSSS
THE GAME IS COLD BUT ITS GRAYVEEEH

full

Still a classic

Shame there wasn't a thread for the 15th anniversary