Undertaker may have changed name to avoid WWE trademark, promotes concert for Bad Bunny

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
WWE owns the rights to The Undertaker’s name. It is a registered trademark owned by Vince McMahon’s company. This is the reason why he is going by “Mark Calaway aka The Undertaker” on the Starrcast promotional material.

To switch things up even more, it looks like The Undertaker is referring to himself as “The Dead Man.” Of course, this has been his nickname for years. The timing of this apparent name change is very interesting.

Latin star “Bad Bunny” who is well-known in certain areas and is a huge WWE fan needed some help promoting a show. Then he called Taker who was apparently happy to help. However, Mark Calaway neglected to refer to himself as The Undertaker.

This is very interesting because Vince McMahon is not happy about Taker’s upcoming Starrcast appearance. Therefore we could very well be witnessing a separation between WWE and The Dead Man.

THE 101

House Painter
Daps
I'm no big Taker fan but it's petty as shyt not letting him use the name just as an act of good will for being at the company for damn near 30 years.

I get it if he joined AEW, but for some bullshyt carny podcast convention and a music video? :hhh:

That's some undignified, small time shyt.

NYChase718

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm no big Taker fan but it's petty as shyt not letting him use the name just as an act of good will for being at the company for damn near 30 years.

I get it if he joined AEW, but for some bullshyt carny podcast convention and a music video? :hhh:

That's some undignified, small time shyt.

I read that vince thinks starcast is AEW

:mjlol:

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
Undertaker looking like he's on his way to cop the earlybird special, using that 'I'm talking in tongues as I'm about to embalm Steve Austin while he's still alive' voice to promote a rap show.:mjlol:

This can't be life. :dead:

Dude has proved himself to be as big a carny as Flair is, in a tiny fraction of the time - Only this is funnier because he was protected in kayfabe for decades, so it wasn't as immediately obvious.

And then Vince is still going to expect the audience to pretend this guy is the living embodiment of The Grim Reaper, at Mania, when we all know he has Instagram flicks with Post Malone.

We should have seen this coming when the Cavs were able to pay him to stand in the corner like a house plant on opening night, only for Bron to ignore him :wow:

Now all the bullshyt is gonna come out in the wash, though. Man is gonna be slinging dikk pills with Conrad by the time this year is done.:lolbron:

Last edited:

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Undertaker looking like he's on his way to cop the earlybird special, using that 'I'm talking in tongues as I'm about to embalm Steve Austin while he's still alive' voice to promote a rap show.:mjlol:

This can't be life. :dead:

Dude has proved himself to be as big a carny as Flair is, in a tiny fraction of the time - Only this is funnier because he was protected in kayfabe for decades, so it wasn't as immediately obvious.

And then Vince is still going to expect the audience to pretend this guy is the living embodiment of The Grim Reaper, at Mania, when we all know he has Instagram flicks with Post Malone.

Now all the bullshyt is gonna come out in the wash, though. Man is gonna be slinging dikk pills with Conrad by the time this year is done.:lolbron:

I knew LeBron was the GOAT when he curved Undertaker who stood out in the cavs locker room dressed totally in character to meet him and do a photo op for WWE on the Cavs ring night:wow:

The_Unchosen_One

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
St. Louis
We reported last week that The Undertaker was announced to appear at the Starrcast II convention during AEW’s Double or Nothing weekend, not long after removing references to WWE on his social media accounts. This led to questions about how WWE would take the news and if the latest report from Wrestling Observer Radio (h/t Ringside News) is to be believed, the answer is “not well.” According to Dave Meltzer, Vince McMahon is not happy with the Phenom’s decision to work Starrcast. He said that everyone in WWE is currently “burnt out” which would explain the changes to RAW, and McMahon himself is concerned about losing one of the biggest names he ever created. There is also some concern with the booking of Wrestlemania.

He said: “A whole bunch of things have happened in the last week and one of them is whole Undertaker/Vince dynamic, but it had Vince off and because you know there was definite unhappiness about him doing the Starrcast thing and you know why. So there’s that. It’s not that The Undertaker isn’t on the [WrestleMania] card yet as far as I know, but everything changed. They don’t want the perception. They’re not happy about that thing [Starrcast] and they want him — I don’t know that they want him on the [WrestleMania] card, but I know there’s talk of Undertaker on the card, but it’s not like there’s a match set up or anything. It’s one of those things where they’re trying to put something together. Everything is in flux. I thought, ‘Oh [The Undertaker’s] just signing autographs [at Starrcast] it’s a way bigger deal to Vince. The whole idea of you know, Undertaker’s special to Vince and you know, yeah it didn’t go down well with him at all.