[Wee Bey gif] Wait, Sigel's "The Reason" dropped BEFORE Jay's Blueprint?

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
:mindblown:

The Reason dropped almost 3 months before Blueprint?

For some reason I thought that Dynasty was the only album anyone heard to get a taste of what Kanye West, Just Blaze, and Bink were about to serve up on Blueprint.

I forgot these classics dropped first:

@Cadillac @MrPentatonic @Animal House @Insensitive @NVious @EA @Billy Ocean @Method Man @Funcrusher @Wallychamp @WuGambino @Urbanmiracle @KILLAKUTT7 @2meo @Hades @NormanConnors @Brayden @Ensi @JaneG33 @stomachlines @shopant @treezee @Yoda @Illeye buckmatic @Deltron @JordanWearinThe45 @Art Barr @Piff Perkins @atlbound @hustlemania @TEKBEATZ @OnlyInCalifornia @West Coast Avenger @Shogun @smitty22 @Heretic @MTAFZ @MichaelStrathanGap @Mac Man @DEAD7 @7Revo @Gentle Jones @Lord Mecca @TrapHouse Rock @CSquare43 @4everhumble @Shabazz Mathematics Allah @Rakim Allah @The HONORABLE SKJ @DANJ! @TezMilli @Tuaminator @JCalli @JulesWinfield @The_Hillsta @TheDarceKnight @profound @ThreeLetterAgency @*crackSTAR* @Bret Easton Ellis @H.R. Puff-N-Bluntz @Cole Cash @mbewane @Groot @Morose Zeitgeist@pinyapplesuckas @Mr. Negative @KxngKobruh @Da_Eggman @StillNotSoft @mobbinfms @Ziggiy @MikeyC @Slowpoke @Ronnie Lott
@IronFist @beaniemac @Piff Perkins @savoutch @cimalee @StoneGenius @ThaRealness @Danie84 @Tuaminator @Wepa Man @Won Won @LeflaurLeflahEshkoshka
@Wargames @street heat @Duppy @JetLifer16 @JetLife @Lord Mecca @SoulController @Monoblock @dontreadthis @Dwight Howard @Morose Zeitgeist @nigraz @BuddyOmar @Aufheben @FloorGeneral @Ill-Mind @thewiz703 @jmetz08 @Surreal @Ari Gold Bawse @iamduval @the kid @Jx2 @ReggieFlare @Nigmund Freud @FukkAPaidEmail @dakidbanks @aceboon @O.Red @Tetris v2.0

Billy Ocean

Divine Universal Black Man Representin'
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
Yea, I remember that Summer I was feenin to cop the album and then copped it first day. Got some real gems on there but I was disappointed at the time because I didn't think it was as good as the Truth. Matter of fact, I like the Truth and the B. Coming better than The Reason. Album still has some dope ass sh!t tho.

Nothing Like It :ohlawd:

Illeye buckmatic

I Don't Stunt I Regulate
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Buckeye State Of Mind
There was was some rough spots but the highs was pretty good and I appreciated the rawness he brought. He would improve as an artist on later albums but I love the vibe for the most part on this album.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
yea they got him back out quick, Truth did like 800k the Roc was churning shyt out at a nice rate

Kanye and Just the twin towers :mjcry:

On a podcast recently Beans said that was part of why he had a hard time getting out of the streets. Said he never had dreams of being a rapper and at the time he was just looking at it like his current hustle, didn't realize it was actually a career opportunity, and was just churning out music while still on the block. He said if he'd get writer's block while recording The Truth, that he would just take an hour to go outside and drive or walk around the block. Then he'd come back and have stuff to say.

:wow:

Was also disappointed it was nowhere near the quality of The Truth when I bought it, but it still has some heat on it.

Interesting. I always liked tit more than The Truth because I thought the production was a little more consistent, but I'll have to check The Truth again. Lyrically they were both about the same to me, I just liked the production on The Reason more.

"Nothing Like It" was the opening theme music to the movie of my life :banderas:

yeah, that album had some real great songs on it; "nothing like it" alone is just great :wow:

Just listened to a podcast with Beans on it. He was saying he started playing that beat when he was really high and drunk, in the wee hours, for like 4 hours trying to get the words to it. He said no one else liked it, thought it was too soft, and kept trying to change the beat when he'd go to the bathroom or when people thought he was falling asleep. But he said he eventually caught it and recorded it in like 15 minutes.
:wow: