What black movie(s) do you hate that everyone else loves?

Tess Lies

Sometimes....
Daps
Reppin
District 11
Coming to America....1 and 2.

My Black card was under review when I told my coworkers that I hadn't watched the first one right before the second one was released. Watched both..... Meh.

Seoul Gleou

Veteran
Daps
another "Everybody name some black shyt you hate" thread. And coli "brehs" participating enthusiastically as usual i see:mjpls:
OP always been on some
full
shyt

semicko82

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

My Black card was under review when I told my coworkers that I hadn't watched the first one right before the second one was released. Watched both..... Meh.
What didn't you like about the first movie?
I'm just asking because I might have a similar issue with it

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Not exactly a black movie but I’d say Scarface. It’s a long trash movie from a self destructive fool.
What’s annoying about Scarface is that, it’s not a terrible movie or anything.

But Al Pacino has so many better performances on his resume. How Scarface has gotten this cult classic status is just weird. I guess drug movies are popular.

Seoul Gleou

Veteran
Daps
Not exactly a black movie but I’d say Scarface. It’s a long trash movie from a self destructive fool.

Not a Black movie per se, and I don't hate it. But not a fan of Scarface.

i dont know a single black man that didnt see scarface growing up or at least have that stupid fukkin poster [you know exactly which one].

it might as well be a black movie. like DBZ might as well be a black show. lots of brehs have apparently consumed these two than you'd ever expect

Hey_zeus

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago

1 is great. Did people like 2? That was one of the worst movies I've ever sat thru. Literally forgot it existed until i read your post

Seoul Gleou

Veteran
Daps
1 is great. Did people like 2? That was one of the worst movies I've ever sat thru. Literally forgot it existed until i read your post
i was glad i was doing chores around the house. i can't imagine sitting down, no distractions, watching that piece of shyt. i was actually mad that eddie put his name on that.

the whole movie taking place in zamunda with cg everything was dumb as hell. even if you flip it and say it was a reverse "fish out of water" movie, it still stinks. the whole him just being his dad without realizing it was dumb as hell too. not to mention the abrubt singing/musical? wtf was that?

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
???????????????????
Fresh is 4 and a half mics :ufdup:

I guess I watched New Jersey Drive a little too late in life because a bunch of young nikkas catching hell for carjacking? They brought it on themselves :mjpls:

Tess Lies

Sometimes....
Daps
Reppin
District 11
What didn't you like about the first movie?
I'm just asking because I might have a similar issue with it

Honestly, I couldn't even tell you. That's how unmemorable it was. I think I laughed out loud like once. I watched the rest for the culture, but I wasn't really entertained.

Now the second one, it lost me with the wedding scene. I was distracted by all the celebrity appearances. If only they would've put that budget towards coming up with a better plot :francis: