What “brand” of Christianity is best for a Black man in 2023?

Ray D’Angelo Harris

Silky smooth
Daps
Reppin
#dogset
Is it “traditional” Christianity like Catholic or Baptists or Protestants or 7th Day etc etc?

Is it Hebrew Israelites? I don’t even know if they consider themselves a form of Christianity so forgive me

Rastafar-I?

Moors?

Other?(be specific)

And what bible delivers the most accurate truth for a Black man, Old Testament or New or some other one(be specific), or does it matter?

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Forget about the brand, focus on YOUR church with YOUR congregation and YOUR leaders. The "brand" don't mean much in your life compared to how good the actual people in your life are. Find a church with the right people at it regardless of what the brand is.

The best church I ever attended was a Missionary Baptist church. But that doesn't mean every Missionary Baptist Church is great. It was just that pastor who was great.

In terms of the Bible, read the Gospels and interpret everything else in that light. The word in the Gospels is the closest we get to seeing who God really is, there's plenty of good wisdom outside the Gospels but there's also a lot that has been influenced by ma's own limitations and failings.

Fresh

New York Knicks
Daps
deep question OP, I don't think that the question can be answered though because different forms of Christianity and other religious groups work for Black people, so I suggest you study all the forms you mentioned and study them for yourself, and do what's best for you

I also highly recommend that if you're into Christianity...read the Bible for yourself, I'm not assuming you never read the Bible, but you get so much more out of it than listening to a preacher saying the same ten stories from the Bible over and over again

good thread OP, I like discussions like this, hopefully you don't get clowned or trolled too bad

The Fade

I don’t argue with niqqas on the Internet anymore
Daps
The Mutual Aid aspects we used during Jim Crow and Slavery
And maybe the earliest form when Christianity was made up of marginalized groups
Read some Josephus, Philo, and Desert Father stuff too maybe after you read the bible

you got more in common with an Amarna mummy than you do with West Asian Semitic shephards and "Sea Peoples" and Hyksos tho :sas2:

Last edited:

MrLogic

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cash

THIS ^

But op if you have to follow something just follow Christ actually teachings

most of the "church" folk will get the "I don't know you" depart from me treatment according to gospel of Matthew

but to be frank with you Op it's a cult that not even divinely inspired like they think

and it will warp your view of the world (prophecies is the reason why)

look how a lot of them side with Israel when it comes to killing kids.....

Last edited: