What “brand” of Christianity is best for a Black man in 2023?

President Sakora

Supporter
Daps
Is it “traditional” Christianity like Catholic or Baptists or Protestants or 7th Day etc etc?

Is it Hebrew Israelites? I don’t even know if they consider themselves a form of Christianity so forgive me

Rastafar-I?

Moors?

Other?(be specific)

And what bible delivers the most accurate truth for a Black man, Old Testament or New or some other one(be specific), or does it matter?
Hebrew Israelite - But only the GMS sect. these other ones are watereddown. don't even bun up the demons dem.

but honestly if you're not practicing the basics on a day to day you're fukked anyhow. just pray you ain't part of the 2/3rds akyam, or else you'ere fukked lmaoooo

invalid

Banned
Daps
I would say that young black people have many unanswered questions with respect to Christianity and it's relation to science, philosophy, and culture. I think it would behoove many of us to seek out Churches (with a capital 'C') that have a long history of Christian thinkers and philosophers who have pondered these questions about life and have attempted to answer them from the Christian prospective. Not every one of these individuals will be "on the mark" but being acquainted with many of these thinkers will move you closer to why Christian doctrine is the way it is and why traditional Christianity sits where it sits on certain issues. Lots of gems to be discovered in the older Churches that have a history of encouraging Christian thinkers to ponder and answer many of life's challenging questions. This may mean black folks having to leave our historically "feel good churches" for more "thinking churches", which unfortunately may have not a lot of us in them.

President Sakora

Supporter
Daps
As long as you get some Jesus in your life I think you'll be good.
quit lying to the people. tell em to lean into God, the nikka jesus ain't been heard from in 2000 years he ain't fukkin with nobody he still mad at God for leaving him hangin':mjpls::mjlol:, had bytch ass roman piercing the side of Judah like we ain't God's best. type of time was O.G on back then. now the whole world upside down.

Marks

as a mountain
Daps
Most organized religions, religious practices, and philosophies are "cope" when you get down to it. So whatever brings you peace. and allows you to move more effectively through the world.

Suge Shot Me

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Orthodox polygamist breh'ism

file-mcj97-Cohj2g-Cl-R5v-YN9-Zo1-D5-1.jpg

Charlie Hustle

Light Bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sin City
Go to your local struggle church where the pastor has a full time job, the financial record books and bank statements are open for anyone to see and the church actively gives back to the community regardless if you're a member or not.

Who Not How

Superstar
Daps
Religion is not the answer.

Being a member of a religious organization is not going to solve the problem most men are facing today (which is why men aren't in most of these churches).

And that problem is: What does it mean to be a man today? What is real manhood? What is the true role of a man in a society that is ever changing?

It's not exclusive to Black men but all men should be learning the Bible from a Kingdom perspective IMO.

Understand what the book is really teaching....it gives you all the tools needed to become a true leader, gain wealth, practice true manhood, lead your woman, build community, etc.

Once the scripture really clicks for you, you realize how to have it your way in all areas of life...aka having dominion.

Most men have a surface level understanding of what the Bible teaches because they aren't really interested in it. You can't master something you don't find interesting. Men allow peer pressure and distractions to keep them chasing a carrot on a stick then wonder why life still frustrates them well into their 40s and 50s.

They lack true meaning, purpose and identity that can only be found once you figure out why you are here in the first place.

American society that is always changing cannot tell you what man's purpose is. That's why 10 different men can give you 10 different answers on what manhood is. Most men are confused.

Less than 1% of people probably sit down and actually study the Bible like a textbook. Most people think it's gibberish and provides no real value to their life in 2024. They think if they don't believe Jesus died and came back to life, there's no information or knowledge they can apply to their life.

They are more interested in what their peer group (that is always changing their minds) thinks of them which is why they will never get the hidden gems and really level up in life in all areas.