What “brand” of Christianity is best for a Black man in 2023?

boogers

cats rule, dogs drool
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#catset
Forget about the brand, focus on YOUR church with YOUR congregation and YOUR leaders. The "brand" don't mean much in your life compared to how good the actual people in your life are. Find a church with the right people at it regardless of what the brand is.

The best church I ever attended was a Missionary Baptist church. But that doesn't mean every Missionary Baptist Church is great. It was just that pastor who was great.

In terms of the Bible, read the Gospels and interpret everything else in that light. The word in the Gospels is the closest we get to seeing who God really is, there's plenty of good wisdom outside the Gospels but there's also a lot that has been influenced by ma's own limitations and failings.
what denomination of christian are you?

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
Last edited:

null

Daps
Reppin
UK,DE,MUFC,DMV
Is it “traditional” Christianity like Catholic or Baptists or Protestants or 7th Day etc etc?

Is it Hebrew Israelites? I don’t even know if they consider themselves a form of Christianity so forgive me

Rastafar-I?

Moors?

Other?(be specific)

And what bible delivers the most accurate truth for a Black man, Old Testament or New or some other one(be specific), or does it matter?

christian family:

but maybe start looking at the older african religions first

• Dap
Reactions: MMS

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
I’m assuming you like the traditions, beliefs and values of Christianity to pigeon hole yourself to that one sect.

I’d recommend practicing some other form is spirituality that conjures the same healthy values for humans but with less of the traditions and overall dogma that Christianity promotes in order to have your soul feeling full.

I can’t say it’s the same for everyone but I feel like it’s mostly just people looking for people, that’s why we split into groups. Hardly backed by pure belief in what we’re doing being the “right” course. It’s the ease at which people fall into groups that make them consider the possibility of it being the correct destination.

But life is always about changing

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
It's 2024. Way past time to throw religious fairy tales in the bushes.

You shouldn't need a sky daddy to tell you what to do.