What do "Thoughts & Prayers" do in these situations, again?

Hollywood Co

Primetime Reppin
Daps
Reppin
Eastside Atl -

Only the called will truly understand but if you don't at least see how evil has ruined almost every corner of society then I don't know what to tell you.

Blaming this on mental illness and gun control alone will not address the what's truly going on in the hearts of the individuals that cause this evil.

Hathaway

Someday, We'll All Be Free
Daps
Reppin
The Abyss
Again, why concern yourself with something you believe doesn't exist? How is that affecting you? Why not concern yourself with the humans that actually do the killing and the influences that twisted his mind to do the killing? Are you concerned with the heavy metal music the boy listened to? How about the people online that the boy was talking to that could have pushed him to engage in these acts?
I am concerned because I live in the Bible belt south which has the largest accumulation of African Americans in the country and most of those African Americans believe that true power lies within their god and activating that power comes through fervent prayer. When the Topps mass shooting happened, my mothers church called an emergency prayer meeting. All of this time spent praying and doing nothing could be used to do SOMETHING PRACTICAL. If we didn't feel the need to rely on a god to meet our needs, we would be a more proactive people. That goes for black people and white people. That is my frustration.

Daps
Reppin
Golden Era/Drama free Zone
Again, why concern yourself with something you believe doesn't exist? How is that affecting you? Why not concern yourself with the humans that actually do the killing and the influences that twisted his mind to do the killing? Are you concerned with the heavy metal music the boy listened to? How about the people online that the boy was talking to that could have pushed him to engage in these acts?
If politicians aren't taking guns off the streets then there's nothing tangibly we can do about any of this....except type words on the internet and be mad.

And people concern themselves with abstract concepts they don't believe in because homo sapiens evolved to be naturally inquisitive. It's like asking a fish not to swim. People just can't help but use their brains. Asking questions and being curious is human nature

Mashal88

All Star
Daps
Respectfully, fukk compassion. What parents need to hear are plans and legislation being passed to prevent this from happening again. If that means banning military grade weapons from civilians, or banning guns or sticter gun laws, so be it.
So someone walks to a school with 5 handguns on them and only manages to kill 5 people. Better? No wait, someone gets on a train and kills 1 person with a handgun, but could've killed everyone in the train car if they'd wanted to, in the state with the strictest gun laws. But legislation is the issue?

African Peasant

Veteran
Daps
I am concerned because I live in the Bible belt south which has the largest accumulation of African Americans in the country and most of those African Americans believe that true power lies within their god and activating that power comes through fervent prayer. When the Topps mass shooting happened, my mothers church called an emergency prayer meeting. All of this time spent praying and doing nothing could be used to do SOMETHING PRACTICAL. If we didn't feel the need to rely on a god to meet our needs, we would be a more proactive people. That goes for black people and white people. That is my frustration.

Your ancestors were more pro active than you will ever be and they were believers.

You're just looking for a scapegoat.

This country is less and less religious, but the violence, not only physical, will keep growing.

Hathaway

Daps
Reppin
The Abyss
How do you know he hasn’t taken action himself, seems you’re making this thread to pay yourself on the back more so than anything
Because he attacked me as not taking action. I only pointed out the measures I have taken (albeit small measures) because I know that when you make threads like this, you better have contributed something behind your complaint.

Wildhundreds

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
People complaining about what other people aren't doing. If you don't remove your child from that school and place them somewhere safe, you're just as guilty dude. Its a lot of people in your community who feel the same way you do. Find them. Talk to them and figure something out.

Hathaway

Daps
Reppin
The Abyss
So someone walks to a school with 5 handguns on them and only manages to kill 5 people. Better? No wait, someone gets on a train and kills 1 person with a handgun, but could've killed everyone in the train car if they'd wanted to, in the state with the strictest gun laws. But legislation is the issue?
How would you resolve the situation then? Expound.