What happened to entertainment?

Trapperman Dave

Basil Fawty 
Daps
Reppin
Gamers World Wide
Is it me just living off the past or are TV and Film lacking in too many areas? We don't have much diversity in televison or films now and days. I will admit that action/superhero movies have gotten better and are improving but comdies and horror movies have taken a step back. Again is me being nostlagic or do we need a rebirth in the industry?

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Theres way too much of it. Its overwhelming trying to keep up with all these TV shows as well as movies, especially how they cram all the "good" movies in the last few months of the year.

There have been a lot of Indie horror flicks I've enjoyed the past few years

Trapperman Dave

Basil Fawty 
Daps
Reppin
Gamers World Wide
Are not like the mainstream ones? Because its either PA or some demonic stuff, but it's going to be hard to make a great horror movie these days

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Is it me just living off the past or are TV and Film lacking in too many areas? We don't have much diversity in televison or films now and days. I will admit that action/superhero movies have gotten better and are improving but comdies and horror movies have taken a step back. Again is me being nostlagic or do we need a rebirth in the industry?
Nostalgic. Most comidies age horribly and horror movies are subjective

trick

sleeping
Supporter
Daps
TV is way better than it used to be. Not so much for movies, but there's still a lot of great films being made. There isn't a lot of diversity in Hollywood, but what do you expect out of an industry ran by liberal white folks? They're always going to cater to their own people.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
I think TV is doing just fine, there is more diversity now than ever.

As far as movies are concerned. I think overall there are much better movies now than ever.

I mean let's not act like too many great movies from the 80's would be as big of they say dropped today. So much shyt is dated, but since it was great back then holds a special place in our hearts

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I'd say movies/tv are in a great place homie. There's so much content on television that you can get your fill of whatever you want and more than likely it will be quality, especially in terms of diversity. The biggest show on network television features an all black cast and one of the biggest shows on cable features a predominantly black cast (power). You've got great stories being told with anthology television like Fargo, great series with awesome dialogue like Justified, and outside of super hero stuff, there are plenty of good cartoons on as well.

Movies will always have ebbs and flows depending on the month or the season but there's plenty of good shyt out there. A lot of what you're talking about is nostalgia and we have those nostalgia discussions on here all of the time.

Trapperman Dave

Basil Fawty 
Daps
Reppin
Gamers World Wide
I think TV is doing just fine, there is more diversity now than ever.

As far as movies are concerned. I think overall there are much better movies now than ever.

I mean let's not act like too many great movies from the 80's would be as big of they say dropped today. So much shyt is dated, but since it was great back then holds a special place in our hearts
What are some good movies you've seen? Some of those 80s movies managed to capture their time some of the movies i've seen just can't seem to do that. They try too hard like the American Pie movies after wedding, they just seem to shoehorn a point

Penny 95

Pro
Daps
Most entertainment companies will always go wherever the money is, and will always try to appeal to the lowest and least creative demographic. This is why progress is so slow in the entertainment/art industry. No one wants to change unless there is a lot of money to be made in the process.