What happened to entertainment?

Trapperman Dave

Basil Fawty 
Daps
Reppin
Gamers World Wide
TV shows have gotten a lot better since cenorship isnt as strict and the idea of what a tv show should be isnt the same.

Horror films (and videogames) have gotten better this decade, imo.
What horror films are good in your opinion? Only thing bad about games is the bullshyt dlc practices

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
What shows you on? And how can movies come back up?
you're lucky, I keep a list of shows:

i'm not caught up on all of it of course...

Casual (Hulu)
Show me a hero
Narcos
Inside Amy Schumer
Ballers
State of Affairs
Tyrant
Fortitude
Togetherness
Jane the virgin
Shamless
Broad City
Blackish
Power
Survivors Remorse
Black Dynamite
Brooklyn nine nine
Black Jesus
Alpha House
Masters of sex
Silicon Valley
Orange is the New Black
The Americans (FX)
True Detective - HBO
Girls
Boardwalk Empire - HBO
House of cards
House of lies
Veep
Game of thrones
Ray Donovan
Mad men
Suits
Getting On
Parks and Recreation
Bill Maher
Homeland
Archer
Breaking Bad
Cosmos
Shameless
Californication

Trapperman Dave

Basil Fawty 
Daps
Reppin
Gamers World Wide
you're lucky, I keep a list of shows:

i'm not caught up on all of it of course...

Casual (Hulu)
Show me a hero
Narcos
Inside Amy Schumer
Ballers
State of Affairs
Tyrant
Fortitude
Togetherness
Jane the virgin
Shamless
Broad City
Blackish
Power
Survivors Remorse
Black Dynamite
Brooklyn nine nine
Black Jesus
Alpha House
Masters of sex
Silicon Valley
Orange is the New Black
The Americans (FX)
True Detective - HBO
Girls
Boardwalk Empire - HBO
House of cards
House of lies
Veep
Game of thrones
Ray Donovan
Mad men
Suits
Getting On
Parks and Recreation
Bill Maher
Homeland
Archer
Breaking Bad
Cosmos
Shameless
Californication
Nice list what about sitcoms? Have they regressed?

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Is it me just living off the past or are TV and Film lacking in too many areas? We don't have much diversity in televison or films now and days. I will admit that action/superhero movies have gotten better and are improving but comdies and horror movies have taken a step back. Again is me being nostlagic or do we need a rebirth in the industry?

:dwillhuh:

The 3 most watched new shows this year are "Fear The Walking Dead", "Mr. Robot" and "Better Call Saul".

A zombie apocalypse show, a show about an anti-social hacker, and a show about a corrupt lawyer.

That's not even counting shows like "The Knick" (1900's period piece about doctors), "The Americans" (80's Russian spies), or "Game Of Thrones".

So yeah, diversity is fine on TV.

Same with movies. If you think there's a problem you seriously need to broaden your horizons. Specifically with foreign movies. There is several people on this board that will give you a list of movies ranging from horror and sci-fi to comedy and drama.

If you're channel surfing for a couple hours after work, and only checking what's at the local theater, then yeah. shyt is going to suck.

Fred.

Trapperman Dave

Basil Fawty 
Daps
Reppin
Gamers World Wide
So...okay what made you want to make this statement on entertainment, specifically about tv when you just said you barely watch it unless its old stuff or sports?
Because i need a reason to start back but the only days i can watch is saturday sunday n monday. Thats y im tryin to make sure its just not me lol

Trapperman Dave

Basil Fawty 
Daps
Reppin
Gamers World Wide
:dwillhuh:

The 3 most watched new shows this year are "Fear The Walking Dead", "Mr. Robot" and "Better Call Saul".

A zombie apocalypse show, a show about an anti-social hacker, and a show about a corrupt lawyer.

That's not even counting shows like "The Knick" (1900's period piece about doctors), "The Americans" (80's Russian spies), or "Game Of Thrones".

So yeah, diversity is fine on TV.

Same with movies. If you think there's a problem you seriously need to broaden your horizons. Specifically with foreign movies. There is several people on this board that will give you a list of movies ranging from horror and sci-fi to comedy and drama.

If you're channel surfing for a couple hours after work, and only checking what's at the local theater, then yeah. shyt is going to suck.

Fred.
I try but some of movies have me like:scust: wtf did i watch

Notorious 1 E.Y.E.

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the low end. southside chi
Hmmmm..... ok name some then.

I remember in the 90s when Family Matters was on tv.... that was like the primary show with a black cast on ABC and not much else.

Maybe at times Margret Cho show and Lopez

NBC rotated Fresh Prince, LL's show, and maybe a few others but all never around the same time. It was like 2 at a time at max.

Fox really only had Martin, Living Single, ILC, and NY Undercover but nothing else

CBS, I dont recall them EVER having any black shows and actually in terms of this discussion out of all the networks, they're the ones that to my knowledge that never changed and never really cared about being diverse.

But sticking with the big network channels, not only was it less black shows back then other shows with bigger white cast rarely had blacks on their shows (Friends, Cheers, Sienfield, etc)

Another reason that kinda helps my point is.... back then there was less channels. Now I cant speak for what cable you had, growing up I basically always had Time Warner and I remember for a fact back then when it was like 60 channels.

Now all companies have over 500 channels but damn we was light back then.

And mentioning the 70s? Nicca.... bread was $.10, gas was $.43, you could support a family off $15k a year, and they prolly had at best 15 stations:mjlol:

fresh prince, wayens bros, jamie foxx show, smart guy, sister sister, Martin, rock, moesha, girlfriends, good news sparks malcome and eddie
Steve harvey show, the par'nt hood in living color, different world, living single, in living color south central, family maters ny undercover '
tuesdays and wednesdays used to be live af for the sitcoms. all that upn and the wb was holdin us down
there were way more black shows then than now
befoer blackish abc hasnt had a black family sitcom since my wife and kids. 10 whole years
shonda had to cook up 10 seasons before they let her do scandal

we may have more channels but its just more shows full of white people and 1 black person/minority in it