What should the Atlanta Hawks do?

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Trae is fine. He’s having one of his best all around seasons in a while. Look at this roster and tell me this is play-in caliber, not playoffs, play-in caliber. I’ll save you the trouble breh, it’s not.

Capela is washed and can’t finish in the lane/at the rim.
Jalen Johnson has been a nice surprise
Deandre Hunter is hurt, doesn’t rebound, can’t consistently create, stiff athlete, average defender
DJM is slight, an average defender in real life and doesn’t like contact
Trae is 30 + 10 damn near every night

Team plays no defense, has some of the worst rotations in the league and has no consistent options off the bench except for Bogi/OO for defensive purposes. This team isn’t good breh
Trae shoots 43%/38%. That's much lower than the guys I listed.

You aren't gonna sit here and tell me Atlanta's roster is worse than the Knicks or Pacers. The difference is those teams have better point guards.

If Trae was on OKC instead of SGA, they'd be out of the playoffs just like Atlanta.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
You don't have control over your draft picks for 3 straight years.

The obvious is find away to get another superstar and trade everyone but Trae to do it or find a better fitting superstar for Trae.

Anything else just doesn't help the Hawks short or long term

Atlanta's backs are against the wall so any suggestion to trade for picks is just stan babble from other fanbases with no interest in the team.

AVXL

Laughing at you n*ggaz like “ha ha ha”
Daps
Reppin
Let the whole world know i rep Zone 4
Trae shoots 43%/38%. That's much lower than the guys I listed.

You aren't gonna sit here and tell me Atlanta's roster is worse than the Knicks or Pacers. The difference is those teams have better point guards.

If Trae was on OKC instead of SGA, they'd be out of the playoffs just like Atlanta.

The Hawks failures this season aren’t a referendum on Trae. He has played at an AS level this yr. This isnt a good roster, they don’t defend (27th in the league) and there’s minimal depth. Im far from the biggest Trae apologist out of the Hawks fans on here but this ain’t on him

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
The Hawks failures this season aren’t a referendum on Trae. He has played at an AS level this yr. This isnt a good roster, they don’t defend (27th in the league) and there’s minimal depth. Im far from the biggest Trae apologist out of the Hawks fans on here but this ain’t on him
You didn't refute anything I said. Trae isn't good enough to be the focal point of a really good team.

AVXL

Daps
Reppin
You didn't refute anything I said. Trae isn't good enough to be the focal point of a really good team.

Atlanta’s roster is worse than NYK and Indy’s. Trae can be the focal point of a really good team, shyt we were a random refs leg away from going to the Finals a few years ago. There’s a specific kind of roster construction (long, athletic perimeter defenders) you need for a player like Trae to succeed as the focal point and the Hawks aren’t building the right kind of team around him for that to happen

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Atlanta’s roster is worse than NYK and Indy’s. Trae can be the focal point of a really good team, shyt we were a random refs leg away from going to the Finals a few years ago. There’s a specific kind of roster construction (long, athletic perimeter defenders) you need for a player like Trae to succeed as the focal point and the Hawks aren’t building the right kind of team around him for that to happen
And where exactly are you supposed to find those players considering other teams are looking for same said players as well?

Professor K.

rap game Paul Millsap
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
It's really about Trae. There's enough talent on that roster to be squarely in the playoff mix. They should not be six games worse than the Knicks. Think of some other PGs you could swap for Trae and feel better about where the Hawks would be:

Brunson, SGA, Haliburton, Fox and Morant nevermind how much better they'd be with Luka.

Trae is not a good enough shooter to offset his defensive liabilities and volume shooting. I actually think he's a brilliant distributor when he wants to be and a terrific passer. If he dialed back his shot attempts, I think it would help them a lot.
The only one I can say for sure we would be better with is SGA, and that is because he's slick a SG and would push Murray back to the 1 where he belongs. Even if you would take the others, that would do nothing to change them not having a running mate with a true scorer's mentality. The only score first players on this entire roster are Bogi, who is an ideal 6th man, and maybe Bey, who simply just isn't the athlete to consistently put up 20 a game.

Dipsey Doo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
The Hawks are super frustrating because the city would be on fire if this team was in any ways competitive.

Without blowing the team up and being bad for years, I'm not sure what the Hawks can possibly do to become contenders for even just the ECF.

It feels very bleak right now

AVXL

Daps
Reppin
And where exactly are you supposed to find those players considering other teams are looking for same said players as well?

There’s this thing called the draft where NBA teams select highly touted players out of college. The Hawks traded Kevin Heurter for basically nothing, John Collins for a trade exemption, Cam Reddish for basically nothing and replaced those guys in the draft with wasted first round picks on SG AJ Griffin & SG Kobe Bufkin in back to back years. We didn’t draft well to replace our losses in the front court and we didn’t spend money in FA to bring anyone in who could fill those roles either

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
There’s this thing called the draft where NBA teams select highly touted players out of college. The Hawks traded Kevin Heurter for basically nothing, John Collins for a trade exemption, Cam Reddish for basically nothing and replaced those guys in the draft with wasted first round picks on SG AJ Griffin & SG Kobe Bufkin in back to back years. We didn’t draft well to replace our losses in the front court and we didn’t spend money in FA to bring anyone in who could fill those roles either
If it was that easy to find those perimeter defenders, then more teams would be doing so instead of overpaying for the ones that are even marginal at doing so.

I’m speaking strictly towards those perimeter defenders and not other aspects of the roster.

There’s a reason why a lot of them are overdrafted even in spite of their broken jumpers.

AVXL

Daps
Reppin
If it was that easy to find those perimeter defenders, then more teams would be doing so instead of overpaying for the ones that are even marginal at doing so.

I’m speaking strictly towards those perimeter defenders and not other aspects of the roster.

I didn’t say it was easy but as a front office it’s your job to find those types of players. What I’m trying to explain to yall is that the Hawks haven’t done a good job of doing that

Heavy_Handz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
ghows-GA-9a91a11f-20af-4a8e-aa97-6f19f69cc45b-1393099f.jpeg

Go back to these jerseys :wow: