What would it take for you to listen to Joyner Lucas on a regular basis??

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
outside of this freestyle I don’t fukk w/ his music @ all...maybe production might help idk...his style of rapping where you’re just spitting fast for the duration of an entire song is boring to me now...I’ve seen others do it better when it was “popular” so I’m not overly impressed...he can spit tho...but for the most part him/his content just doesn’t resonate w/ me

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
So I listened to these two tracks from his new album, and though I do like them, it wasn't enough to make me listen to the rest of it :pachaha:

Buckeye Fever

YOU WILL ALL HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hip-Hop Since '79
He is the textbook version of people who learned how to rap from a textbook.

Made for people who don’t know the difference between knowing how to rap and how to make good rap music. Until he knows the latter he’ll stay in the bushes :yeshrug:
This is the absolute perfect description

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
He’s a case of a rapper who is clearly good at his craft, but has no soul in his music, no matter how passionate he is. Everytime I hear some shyt from him, I be like that was dope I guess. And instantly forget the shyt ever existed.

This is how I feel about his music even though I like other rappers who have similar criticisms. Logic gets that kind of criticism but yet I do feel that's he's passionate about his work and he does put his soul into his work, it's just different because he doesn't carry that rap image that other rappers do so people think he's corny.

Joyner carries the image but still flops for me. It just feels like he's trying way too hard. Meanwhile I can listen to guy like Dom Kennedy who it feels like he's not trying hard enough, and yet it's doper than Joyner. :yeshrug:

waynep

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Being strapped down to a bed like James Caan in Misery with the speakers blasting.