When I Become A Dad I'm Going To Make My Kids Play Sports (You Should Do The Same)

little4209

All Star
Daps
Now, I would also teach my kids self-sufficiency. Remember, everyone isn't going to make it to the league. Education and becoming self-sufficient would also be very important.

This is major, I had loving parents that were always there but once I got older I didn't feel as self sufficient as my other friends...ya parents can't just be like, "you can do anything you put your mind too" they need to actually go make you do that shyt and do it alone(sometimes) because that's how the world is and all we have are ourselves at the end of the day

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
I'll get them in judo/brazilian jujuitsu/mma. It would teach self-confidence and discipline because I don't want them bullying other kids either.

I might consider private school or something with french immersion.
MMA doesn't pay enough right now. I want my kids to make money and be self sufficient.

Kane1

Superstar
Daps
You don't MAKE you kids play sports....you give them a choice :stopitslime:

Nothing worst then watching a kid that hates sports out there on the field....damn parents living through their kid :hhh:

All my kids picked a sport on their own...and thank God they were good at it :blessed:

SirReginald

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
You don't MAKE you kids play sports....you give them a choice :stopitslime:

Nothing worst then watching a kid that hates sports out there on the field....damn parents living through their kid :hhh:

All my kids picked a sport on their own...and thank God they were good at it :blessed:
Education and one sport will be the primary focus for all of my children.

Elle Seven

Superstar
Daps
Instead of a traditional sport, I'd try a martial art instead. My hustand and I used to play capoeira before we had kids. When they are old enough, the plan is to introduce them to it. If you want your children to learn creativity, adaptability and the ability to improvise on the spot, it can be an effective choice.

SirReginald

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
Instead of a traditional sport, I'd try a martial art instead. My hustand and I used to play capoeira before we had kids. When they are old enough, the plan is to introduce them to it. If you want your children to learn creativity, adaptability and the ability to improvise on the spot, it can be an effective choice.
Now, that's a good choice.

JLova

Veteran
Daps
Without question. Not just sports but art as well. I want my kids to be as well rounded as I can so they can make informed decisions and learn life skills.

Playing sports got me out of my shyness and enabled me to work with others.

but....your kid may hate sports so there's that.