When I Become A Dad I'm Going To Make My Kids Play Sports (You Should Do The Same)

Rockstar Mom

PhatGurlSwag
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn!!!!!
Even though this turned into a shyt on OP thread, I agree.

I think all kids should join some kind of team, for atleast a year, to learn discipline, the value of teamwork, hard work, how to take a loss and good sportsmanship.

I was on a dance team, swim team, and I was in the school band. I'm hoping to get my oldest son on the swim team this year. Both my kids will also learn one instrument of their choice. Non-negotiable.

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
Getting your children into sports is invaluable. Activities period. Get them into different activities year round and let them decide what they want to pursue further
Good point. Also, I don't mean sports as a career. Just for teamwork. I want my kids to either get into the medical field/heath field or just have manual skill-sets.

EDIT: Football will be a no go for my kids. Also, I mainly want them to do martial arts and have a skill-set/field they want to work in as a main.

BrokePhiBroke

Superstar
Daps
Anything you do concerning kids just remember YOU have to introduce them to it.

In the end, they may not like said sport but introducing and letting them choose is the way to go.

I said I want my kids to have a love for math and science because I didnt. I actually had a fear of it because I was terrible at it and didn't have the proper guidance to become descent or even good at it.

So with above being said introduction is key. Keeping them focus is key. If they just aren't intrigued well that's ok there's plenty of productive things to do.

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
Anything you do concerning kids just remember YOU have to introduce them to it.

In the end, they may not like said sport but introducing and letting them choose is the way to go.

I said I want my kids to have a love for math and science because I didnt. I actually had a fear of it because I was terrible at it and didn't have the proper guidance to become descent or even good at it.

So with above being said introduction is key. Keeping them focus is key. If they just aren't intrigued well that's ok there's plenty of productive things to do.
Same here. I was terrible in Math. However, I've improved some through practice. I hope they pick up those skills that I couldn't master. You do make great points here and I agree.

NoMoreWhiteWoman2020

RIP Kobe, the best
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CTE
Anyway, I'm going to make all my kids play sports. Why? Because it promotes discipline and teamwork.
As a parent of 10 years, I say let them choose to play or not. Discipline and teamwork can be found in other areas that might pique their interests, and making them play a sport that they aren't passionate about will have negative effects as well. Sports is good but its not the only route.

TheArchitect

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
IDK about sports, but I know I'd teach them martial arts.....basically by the time they get to high school no one will want it with them.....

hatealot

Banned
Daps
Nah the Bushes is where the coli villains hangout. Like on some Arkham Asylum shyt. At this very moment the Taxman is in there asking what's the average dikk size and planning more fukkery upon his release lol
Nooooooo i thought u was joking but it really is like a city jail in there. A whole underground for this forum :russ:

Daps
Reppin
Oakland
I'd teach my son the sweet science from a young age but there will be very little sparring. Head trauma is bad at any age but it's horrible for a young, developing brain

My daughter I'm teaching knife fighting and shooting around age 12. May take her to karate class at age 8,