"When I lived in Iceland, I found a lump..."

Berniewood Hogan

IT'S BERNIE SANDERS WITH A STEEL CHAIR!
Daps
Reppin
nWg
7706.jpg
"You. Do. Not. Get. It. That could never work in the United States. YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT I KNOW."

6596.jpg
"The Market was demanding her death. This government interference will not go unnoticed by Lord Mammon."

2550.jpg
You are ignoring posts by this user. :umad:

Prince.Skeletor

Don’t Be Like He-Man
Daps
Reppin
Bucktown
None of you are making sense, you are all looking at this through a straw.
Also you cannot win a debate with sarcasm.

Every country is different, there are long ass wait times in Canada which has single payer, but looks like iceland not so much.

Hmmmm wonder why.

Well iceland population is 330 thousand.
Canada - 37M
U.s. - 327M

Shouldn't we wonder if short wait times in a country has anything to do with size of population.

Did you all just respond with snarky remarks but nobody questioned anything???

Sure I lean libertarian but I question everything even if on my side of the fence.

Last edited:

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps

Every country is different, there are long ass wait times in Canada which has single payer, but looks like iceland not so much.

Hmmmm wonder why.

Canada - 37M
U.s. - 327M

Ahouldnt we winder if short wait times in a country has anything to do with size of population.

Sure I lean libertarian but I question everything even if on my side of the fence.
So what's your fukking alternative then? Because as of now if you get a life threatening disease you might as well declare bankruptcy. Population is literally a moot point, I mean what are you implying with that? That we can't afford it? That there aren't enough hospitals? There are a proportionate amount of hospitals to our population, or do we only function because the people who don't have health care die at home?

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA

Hmmmm wonder why.

Canada - 37M
U.s. - 327M

Ahouldnt we winder if short wait times in a country has anything to do with size of population.

How much does wait time figure into vs not going cause you are afraid to lose your house cause you are too sick for too long and miss work? Wait time vs just ignoring the symptoms or using some home remedy.

I don’t think anyone seriously thinks you just slap one system into another but politicians acting like America is too stupid to find a midway point between the options that can work for our size country so we should just shut up and keep this bankrupt system while paying for their healthcare is an a-hole.

Swirv

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

Hmmmm wonder why.

Canada - 37M
U.s. - 327M

Shouldn't we wonder if short wait times in a country has anything to do with size of population.

Immigration could solve the long wait times. There are many doctors in training from west African and South Asia countries studying in the US and more who would like to come here.

There are solutions to the problems we face. Who has the guts to follow through?

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether

Hmmmm wonder why.

Canada - 37M
U.s. - 327M

Why should population size affect wait times? What specifically do you believe would not scale up?

USA has a hire population, which means a bigger pool of doctors, which means a larger tax base, etc. Iceland's 330,000 population is in a very small area, why can't areas of a similar size replicate it? Why can't you replicate Iceland 1000 times across a larger country? What specifically is missing?

And my understanding is that the long wait times in Canada are generally for elective surgeries. Which you run into in the USA too. I had a hernia serious enough that I was eventually teaching high school out of a rolling chair, I went to the doctor knowing exactly what the problem was, and it still took me almost 2 months to get the surgery. Same bullshyt she talks about - had to schedule with a general practitioner to tell me what I already knew, who then had to refer me to a surgeon to again tell me what I already knew, who then forced me to wait forever to get an opening for a surgery.