but judging from this wack ass comic book
this show will go on FOR-EV-ERRRRRRRR!!

Llcoolbay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
St Louis Rams!!!!!
I never read the comic, I get where you're coming from. I meant more to direct it at people who think its some racist conspiracy to not make cold blooded killers. I've seen it post by lots of people here. I totally get if your a fan of the original being fukked up and being upset about that. I'm just glad they' aren't shytty black caricatures, but I feel were you're coming from
Oh if they went with how they did michonne in the comics on the show a lot nikkas would have been heated.

Ribbs

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Anyone else get the feeling Zero Dark Carol's gonna get killed this season?

There's only so many times a 50 year old woman can go full Rambo before the absurdity of it starts to cheapen the rest of the story :heh:

Plus, her character is on the verge of another arc which for this show is usually an indication that you're on borrowed time.

I hope i'm wrong but all the signs are there :mjcry:

Have to wait and see.
:beysip:

Anbesa

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Very interesting to Re-Watch this extended trailer having seen the first two episodes...

Lol I love rewatching these things bc 1. the editing is so misleading and 2. 90% is from the first two episodes.
The only things that stood out that haven't happened yet is the ending with Daryl, the part with the sewer and some other single shots

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This needed to happen. That town was way to lax and they need to clean that shyt up. They got enough firepower to turn that town into Fort Knox

DLeap

Coli TV/Film Expert
Daps
Reppin
Neptune
I never read the comic, I get where you're coming from. I meant more to direct it at people who think its some racist conspiracy to not make cold blooded killers. I've seen it post by lots of people here. I totally get if your a fan of the original being fukked up and being upset about that. I'm just glad they' aren't shytty black caricatures, but I feel were you're coming from
I read the comic but I also know that you can't (and shouldn't) adapt everything literally. My beef with the show's depiction of black people is more how they made EVERY black dude an over-sensitive/emotional "turn the other cheek" simp. Tyrese, Bob, T-Dog, Gabriel, Morgan, Noah...all of them have been weak in some form or fashion. Don't need them to be Carol, but at least should have had one of them understand the world they're in...

Case in point, Morgan lets KNOWN enemies live another day, right after they killed innocents... Just like Tyrese let a KNOWN enemy live another day, right after the enemy threatened to murder a baby and eat his friends. Even T-Dog was weak when it came to Merle, a racist dude who made his life hell before Rick showed up. Its just interesting that the writers either kill the black men off the show or they neuter them altogether.

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
A lot of people are forgetting that this whole attacked happened because of Morgan's compassion. Instead of killing the two Wolves who tried to jump him last season he let them go, stopped a walker from eating them and then placed them in a car. The two Wolves then launched an attack on his camp and killed a lot of people. Hopefully this was his wake up call which will lead to him smartening the fukk up. Wolf even told him "you should have killed me". Blood is on his hands

That's true. I have a feeling that is where Rick gonna have problem with Morgan, drop bomb on Morgan. Likely, we gonna see Morgan vs Rick beef cause of that.

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He just means they are watered down and stripped of all their awesome moments that make them special or developed.
It would be more tolerable if they were new characters on a new intellectual property, but you gotta understand that these are established characters.

So, imagine they took the X-men comic and made a TV show... but instead of having Storm as the secondary team leader they made Gambit the secondary team leader after Cyclops. And on the show Storm didn't have lightning powers, but now for some reason Beast also has lightning powers in addition to his regular powers... and then later they introduce Bishop, but he isn't a time traveller and doesn't have a big ass gun... he is jyst there to babysit Cyclop's two year old daughter Judith (who isn't even in the comics) and later that season Wolverine gets a big ass gun and they they reveal that Rogue is really from the future.

You would start to see a patern developing, and as a black person that bought and supported the comics and the brand in general who enjoyed the diverse portrayals, it would start to make you feel betrayed and disrespected. Frankly, it would probably piss you off.
:manny: So thats why the comic readers are always irritated.

They gave all of Tyrese's roles away to Shane/Daryl etc...
Shane is only in 7 episodes in the comics, he is an extremely minor character and Daryl doesnt even exist. Tyrese is Rick's right hand for 1/3 of the series (he is in over 40 issues to compared to Shane's 7) and they neutered him by making him a babysitter to Rick's kid, making him hesitant and needing of reassurance from a stronger black female (Sasha) who doesn't even exist in the comics at all. On the show Tyrese is just a big black dude. In the comics he is a retired Atlanta Falcon linebacker. Michone was a lawyer in the comics (they gave that backstory to Andrea in the show). She establishes intimate relationships with Tyrese, and Morgan which they make sure to never let the black chars do on the show... except for Sasha and Bob the black alchoholic. In the comics the alcoholic character is white. Again, thats that bullshyt. The Governer is supposed to be mexican, they made him white. So now he's bossing around his right thats why his right hand dude (Martinez) and it just comes off uncomfortable. In the comic the priest (who is black like on the show) is not such a whiny lil bytch.

So far they haven't messed up Heath ...not gonna talk about the dread wig :dead:
But I got a feeling they are gonna omit one of his story-lines cause just like the coli brehs he loves his pawgs.

And they made sure not to give Tyrese noooooo p*ssy. Even though Tyrese was supposed to be running through Carol on the regular til Chonne showed up. The entire Tyrese/Carol relationship they made into Daryl/Carol then made Tyrese hold a baby the whole time.

So please excuse us when we get upset, its just hard not to.

:wow: the writers ain't shyt. Where can I read the comic?

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I read the comic but I also know that you can't (and shouldn't) adapt everything literally. My beef with the show's depiction of black people is more how they made EVERY black dude an over-sensitive/emotional "turn the other cheek" simp. Tyrese, Bob, T-Dog, Gabriel, Morgan, Noah...all of them have been weak in some form or fashion. Don't need them to be Carol, but at least should have had one of them understand the world they're in...

Case in point, Morgan lets KNOWN enemies live another day, right after they killed innocents... Just like Tyrese let a KNOWN enemy live another day, right after the enemy threatened to murder a baby and eat his friends. Even T-Dog was weak when it came to Merle, a racist dude who made his life hell before Rick showed up. Its just interesting that the writers either kill the black men off the show or they neuter them altogether.

That's fukked up for real. If you think about it. I think the writers think that's how view black people are like that in real world on the forgiven shyt. You have a racist kid murdered black people and black pastor/senator in the church like nothing then after that you have black church people be talking "I forgive you" bullshyt on the national television....shyt pissed me off.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Anyone else get the feeling Zero Dark Carol's gonna get killed this season?

There's only so many times a 50 year old woman can go full Rambo before the absurdity of it starts to cheapen the rest of the story :heh:

Plus, her character is on the verge of another arc which for this show is usually an indication that you're on borrowed time.

I hope i'm wrong but all the signs are there :mjcry:
Carol-Rambo-The-Walking-Dead.jpg