Why are so many young white people on meth and heroin these days?

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
That old Chris rock joke. White people can’t handle being broke. There’s another line from a pundit that white people look at themselves as temporarily displaced millionaires. It’s basically a white privilege thing they think that at any moment they’ll reclaim their rightful place in society rubbing shoulders with their employers. That’s why whites always vote against their own economic interests

some of you are probably too young to remember Joe the plumber. he was a working stiff who had a once-in-a-lifetime chance to ask Barack Obama a question on the campaign trail. this guy wasn’t really a plumber he was just a handyman, so he claimed that he was going to buy his boss‘ business which conveniently made exactly $250,000 a year which was the cut off for Obama‘s tax increase. so this guy getting a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to ask a question, and asks a question about a hypothetical rich mans tax cut. And Republicans made him a hero.
Jesus christ...
I have reached the age where people on this site might not actually remember "Joe the plumber"

I need a Danny Glover smiley
:flabbynsick:

Counter Racist Male

Retired poster and occasional lurker
Daps
Reppin
MYSELF
A lot of them are broke and life is coming at them hard and fast and they have to find a release from all that with something.

Most of them turn to substance abuse to feel that euphoria that they can't get in other aspects of life.

Some people have hobbies while to other people getting high is a hobby within itself.

White folks deal with some of the same issues of poverty and mental illness as Black people. The only difference is some of those White people still think they are better than the next, and that they are viewed the same as that cac that lives in the nicer part of town, runs a family business, and is in a much high tax bracket.

Man, I can see how you could be lower on the totem pole than other white people but got a kind of miss me with that poverty talk. I mean there's so many jobs I see white people had the black people had no access to. You can go all around this country and count the amount of black men working in the trades on your hand and most cities. How many licensed plumbers and electricians are there out there?

With black women you rarely see any black nurses these days. In fact and some places here in the South you won't see black women working and doctors offices or anything like that. You just have black women working at fast-food places like McDonald's and Popeyes.

There are so many lanes you can move in as a white man or woman I don't see why you would just want to spend your life shooting up heroin and smoking meth.

Kiyoshi-Dono

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Petty Vandross.. fukk Yall
fukk’em
tenor.gif

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
I saw a documentary on Meth where the kids were calling it a party drug, ironically people use to call crack the same thing - Sadat X said they use to smoke it at parties on rooftops

The pills can be attributed to these pharmaceutical companies flooding the streets in the early 2000’s, that’s affecting everybody

Counter Racist Male

Daps
Reppin
MYSELF

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
THIS TOPIC HAS BEEN IN HEADLINES FOR THE PAST 3+ YEARS ON NATIONAL NEWS

They literally call it the opioid crisis. But let’s pretend like we don’t know why it’s happening and consult Coli “theorists”...
:snoop:No...these headlines don’t normally go into the WHY though, the dude is just asking our opinions as to WHY we think it’s booming like this among white people

You do know this is a discussion forum right? :gucci:

Black Hans

Follow Jesus. Be Beautiful
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
John 14:6
TK Kirkland said that black people in Cali, especially in Compton and the Bay, are starting to be gone off that meth. This true? The Mexican chicas got nikkas sprung so bad that they got y'all smoking meth with them!! :damn:
Out here tweaking like Jesse Pinkman :wow:

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
They feel we're in the last days of white people and that they're "under attack". I think a lot of it is so called "white guilt". They feel guilty about all the bad things they've done to virtually every other group on the planet, and lately they see others as more willing to call out how evil white people are and fear retribution.

Whatever the cause, I'm here for it. Karma :blessed:
The under attack element is real, I was having conversations with my former political science professor about this. Dude was like the US might be in for some scary times because he's never seen sentiment like this.

Counter Racist Male

Daps
Reppin
MYSELF
:mjgrin: Doesn't bother me one bit.

All they gotta do is just say no :sas1:.
:ehh: you're right. We got hundreds and hundreds of years of Oppression hanging above our heads. A lot of us have relatives that literally just came out of brutal oppression one generation ago. We get discriminated and every activity. If we take drugs is bad as it is at least we have a good reason to be depressed. But 90% of the planet good free places with the worst off white American at the drop of a hat. Why these white kids will want to do drugs it's just so far beyond me I can't wrap my head around it.

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
:snoop:No...these headlines don’t normally go into the WHY though, the dude is just asking our opinions as to WHY we think it’s booming like this among white people

You do know this is a discussion forum right? :gucci:
Actually they DO, but you’d rather hear people’s opinions from HERE, which are often charged and inaccurate...