Why are there barely any young black adults in church?

number21

Strive for rulership not equality, black man.
Daps
Reppin
North Miami
OP, we're entering like the last days of this society. So, you really shouldn't be looking for solace from anyone besides your family, very close friends, a female you can truly connect with and trust( I know it's crazy tough), and the scriptures along with the most high.

Dameon Farrow

Superstar
Daps
Religion is on the way out. It's not really a thing that's happening just with us to be honest.

Your pastor gives a message that resonates with older folks because they come and as a result they pay. That's the politics of that situation.

The youth of the world is becoming more aware and realize they don't have to live exactly as their parents did. On a spiritual front that scares the hell out of a lot of folks who really and truly believe everything they have is because they prayed and tithed. There's a lot wrong with such a flawed view.

It's like people who say losing prayer in school is harming the country. Prayer in school was rampant in the 50s and they were hanging us from trees for trying to vote. Huh? Why wasn't prayer in school saving our black asses if it's a fixall? Just to give an example.

Religion and spirituality will always be here. When I say it's on the way out what I mean to say is it's evolving. So in 50 years it will probably be unrecognizable.

Kids these days are on a questioning wave heavy. We all know religion doesn't hold up well under questioning. :mjlol:

T'krm

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
BA DOS Af pr
Speak for yourself but I ain't about to have some scamming ass nikka preach to me about salvation.
Excuse!!:beli:
As if Black churches the only ones not suppose have portion of funds go toward personal finances:mjlol:
Same brehs saying that, usually same ones living foul, not seeking salvation or understanding from any source.. Or seek it by themselves; reading Bible. But, hey.. That might not be you:hubie:

Dameon Farrow

Superstar
Daps
Also it ain't the end times just because your life is fukked up. Sorry. I find people who constantly scream 'end times last days' are miserable ass people and the thought of it all crashing down gives them some dark solace.

What happened to 'no man knows the hour?' Only applies when the finger isn't pointed at them I guess.

Jhoon

Spontaneous Mishaps and Hijinks
Daps
I grew up poor. The people who had money tried to say I was poor because of my lack of faith. I think my poverty had more to do with the lack of allocation of resources towards people with dark skin like mines, but whatever.

Jhoon

Spontaneous Mishaps and Hijinks
Daps
Religion doesn’t carry the weight it once used to. For good reason too
In 500 years we are going to look at people who dedicate a day towards an imaginary being with pity. And I guarantee you someone in 2518 will be saying it’s the end of times.

The sun is going to go bye bye in a billion years. Relax. We should be trying to finance a way to transport all of these caskets to another galaxy.