Why aren't Hispanic's considered Native American by Thecoli ? ?

Homey the clown

Homey don't play that
Daps
Reppin
Unknown
I see it all the time on Thecoli , individual poster's referring to Hispanic's as being spicy Cac's and what not. But most Hispanics I know don't call themselves White, Black, etc they just go by whatever country their family came from. But that's not what the topic is about. The Majority of Hispanics are Mestizo which is mixed Spanish and American Indian. So if according to some of you on Thecoli if Hispanic's are white, shouldn't they be Native American as well?:jbhmm:

Cynic

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I see it all the time on Thecoli , individual poster's referring to Hispanic's as being spicy Cac's and what not. But most Hispanics I know don't call themselves White, Black, etc they just go by whatever country their family came from. But that's not what the topic is about. The Majority of Hispanics are Mestizo which is mixed Spanish and American Indian. So if according to some of you on Thecoli if Hispanic's are white, shouldn't they be Native American as well?:jbhmm:

Conquistador blood...

ultraflexed

Superstar
Daps

Some of them have alot of native blood, some have very little. The ones have have at least 50% native you can visually tell..the white looking Hispanic have about 10-15% native

JadeB

la force de l'avenir
Daps
the coli in general don't align with what reality says

Emoryal

Superstar
Daps
the coli in general don't align with what reality says
Calling mixed people one race is definitely reality. Coli egotist now using the word logic wrong. Not surprising.

3rd Ward Swangin

Superstar
Daps
They identify with the Spanish who conquered them and mixed with them. That's why their Mexican or Latino. Natives don't do that even though they do speak English.

It was a Mexican politician lady in California who made fun of Natives. She was old too and that's just not knowing who you are and how their sort of related.

El_Mero_Mero

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
As a Hispanic, I would say that people on The Coli don't refer to Hispanics as Native Americans, because most Hispanics themselves in real world situations don't refer to themselves as Native Americans... I would say Mexicans probably have a strong claim to say that they are Native Americans, but then that would complicate things as far as border issues and what land they rightfully have a right to be on.

Deuterion

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LBC

Let's take it back a bit to clarify things.

Hispanic is a term that describes someone from Hispania which is the Roman name for the region where modern day Spain and Portugal reside. When you say Spain in their native tongue it's Espana which is basically a derivation of Hispania.

So to be Hispanic is to be European therefore to say that Hispanics are Native Americans is incorrect. The Native tribes in this landmass were dominated by Hispanic people and forced to adopt the culture and customs of the Hispanic people.

So to summate, Hispanics are White people point blank period...it's a term made by White people to classify other White people. Now are there Mexicans, Nicarqguans, El Salvadorans, and etc that are descendants of the Native tribes, heck yes. You can see it clear as day.

I have 2 Mexican friends and I highlighted how one is White as day and another is a straight up Aztec...I told the White one...you talk shyt about White people but you really White yourself and we all laughed.

But at the end of the day a person of Native descent calling themselves Hispanic or Latino is like an African-American calling themselves British, it's retarded.

TallMan_J

FBA/ADOS. APTTMH
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Knowledge and Wealth
I consider them Native Americans. If they have a majority of Native Blood, then they’re Native Americans. Most, you can tell by just looking at them. This includes North American (Cherokee, Navajo, Apache, Blackfoot), Central American (Mayans, Aztecs, etc.), and South American (Incas, etc.). They were here before Europeans came, so they’re Native Americans. Europeans came, forced Catholicism, Spanish/Portuguese/French/English, stole, murdered, raped, betrayed, and pillaged everything.