Why do we think relationships were better in the past?

Bless't

Living the dream
Daps
Reppin
NULL
relationships are dead and women killed them
Feminism, social media and the economy collapsing.

I think those 3 heavily contribute to the current problem. Not saying its waaaaay worse than its ever been... but those 3 factors seem to play a huge role.

:yeshrug:

HabitualLineSteppa

....Fuh Q.
Daps
I think the opposite in many respects...Because so much is known about EVERYTHING relationship wise now, the old relationships SEEM healthier because ignorance is bliss and stupidity is a choice.

I think we're better off now tho. At least we're collectively in the know about how to handle a lot woes that come with the territory and have honest examples of how to maintain a healthy relationship. Folks grandmas and grandpas were legit being shamed into marriages and staying in them for a lifetime for pete's sake. :francis:

Bless't

Living the dream
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think the opposite in many respects...Because so much is known about EVERYTHING relationship wise now, the old relationships SEEM healthier because ignorance is bliss and stupidity is a choice.

I think we're better off now tho. At least we're collectively in the know about how to handle a lot woes that come with the territory and have honest examples of how to maintain a healthy relationship. Folks grandmas and grandpas were legit being shamed into marriages and staying in them for a lifetime for pete's sake. :francis:

The coli's "dealing with women gems" thread or whatever it's title is has some great advice in it. I agree with your point here.

RTF

2Trill
Supporter
Daps
most of the men in my family have had side families breh. Heck, i'm certain my great grandma was a sidechick as the facts around the great grandfather are sketchy.

That how it go. Now it's harder to have a second family or a secret kid or 4.

I'm African though and most my closest peoples are African or Carribbean - esp Jamaica. Men having secret families aint that uncommon.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Feminism, social media and the economy collapsing.

I think those 3 heavily contribute to the current problem. Not saying its waaaaay worse than its ever been... but those 3 factors seem to play a huge role.

:yeshrug:
LMAO! but men just generally believing it's ok to have side families is not a problem? :heh:

Bless't

Living the dream
Daps
Reppin
NULL
LMAO! but men just generally believing it's ok to have side families is not a problem? :heh:

I didnt say that.

8owskFU.gif

Bless't

Living the dream
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Basically you did. Your TOP THREE problems with relationships made no mention of men, yet they make up the other half of a relationship.
Wait... so men arent acting like fools and retards on social media? The economy collapsing hasnt affected men's livelihoods which directly result in strained relationships and courting habits?

:ohhh:

Just because I mentioned feminism does not equal me "blaming women".

:rudy: