Why has Nebraska Cornhusker football taken a nosedive?

Memorial Stadium Piru

WE BYKE BABY
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Big Red
:patrice:

They were ABSOLUTELY DOMINANT most of their existence until Tom Osborne retired in 1997. They still stayed on the main stage of CFB through Frank Solich's tenure, then Bill Callahan came through and the bottom fell out:scust:

Bo Pelini had them doing OK, averaging 9-10 wins a season and a good bowl game, but not as dominant as they were in the 90s. Then he got ousted from Lincoln for generally being a arrogant dikkhead and ruining relationships with the school, the media & the donors. Mike Riley came in from doing an OK job with Oregon State, and they fell off KINDA, with 6 & 9 wins coming his first 2 seasons & losing bowl games in both. Then this season, the entire team looked ASSSSSS:dwillhuh:

The offensive line got no push
The defense couldn't stop a nosebleed
The QB was throwing picks all over the place
The coaches had no clue what they were doing, the SC coach thought doing squats weren't important :gucci: bytch that's the base of developing power & explosion
They lost to Northern Illinois, Iowa and Northwestern, and let Arkansas State drop 400 passing yards on they asses:picard:

They fell off so bad :mjcry: What's the issue? My 1st cousin/unofficial brother plays for them and the shyt he tells me is ghastly :damn:

They got

-Rabid fanbase/amazing stadium, every game's been sold out 90,000 strong since 1962 :damn:
-Good athletic facilities
-All the PAWGs these football players could want :damn:
-Decent uniforms
-Nebraska is a good school for academics
-LEGENDARY HISTORY :damn:
-Outside of Wisconsin the B1G West is uncompetitive as fukk:damn: The next difficult team is fukkin Iowa :dead: There's no reason they shouldn't be in the championship game & AT THE LEAST average 9-11 wins a season

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Back in the day, only Nebraska, OU, OSU, Michigan, ND, USC & Bama were the blue bloods & go to schools.

In the social media age players can shine anywhere & nobody wants to stay in Nebraska
Without trying to purposely rile you up since I know you're passionate about it....but the fact that elite stars (in basketball, at least) can play anywhere, means a lot of them probably should be at HBCUs.

Tate

Kae☭ernick Loyalist
Daps
Nebraska was the first school to have a modern weight training program and feasted off of partial qualifiers in the Big 8.

They’re victims of their own success. Everyone copied their emphasis on strength training and P5 leagues legislated away partial qualifier loopholes.

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Without trying to purposely rile you up since I know you're passionate about it....but the fact that elite stars (in basketball, at least) can play anywhere, means a lot of them probably should be at HBCUs.

HBCUs don’t have boosters giving players money & jobs, cars and houses to recruits parents :yeshrug:

Exposure isn’t there either but hopefully with the creation of the Celebration Bowl that will change. It is what it is. I know HBCUs will never get back to where it was where we produced hall of fame level players but I just enjoy it for what it is now

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Back in the day, only Nebraska, OU, OSU, Michigan, ND, USC & Bama were the blue bloods & go to schools.

In the social media age players can shine anywhere & nobody wants to stay in Nebraska

This surely isn't the reasons. College campuses are largely the same and college kids stick to the social aspects in and around the school.