Why has Nebraska Cornhusker football taken a nosedive?

DredScott

Take these jewelz...
Daps
I've posted this in another WTF happened to Nebraska football and I think it still applies so I'll just paste it here again...

"As a husker fan, this is my opinion on what happened. The Callahan hiring was a big mistake but solich really didn't help much either since he was living off the Nebraska brand & Osborne's name. Once tom retired & the college game started to get bigger & truly became the NFL's farm system, that really hurt Nebraska. What top QB or WR recruit wants to play in an offense where they are getting little to no chance to play in a prostyle offense or showcase the skills that will get them drafted? And in the fukking middle of nowhere in horrible weather? That's what killed Nebraska football. The allure of playing for Nebraska used to be they were a smashmouth, old school powerhouse with a legendary coach & storied history, but kids now days don't give a fukk about any of that. They wanna know how prepared can you get me & how fast can I get to the league, how many games are on tv, is the weather nice & where's the bytches at and when it comes to those things Nebraska just can't compete anymore..."

With that said, Scott Frost is on the right path and is already starting to turn the program around his recruiting and his strength & conditioning program. I think he's gonna do really good things and if anyone's gonna succeed in Nebraska it's gotta be him, cause if not we fukked.

LezJepzin

We Wavy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
50East/Sacramento, CA
They almost signed Lamar Jackson and that would have saved their program.

Word? :ohhh:

Seriously, they shouldn't have left the Big 12.

Don't need to go back to the option if they can get a high profile mobile quarterback.

That 1995 Team was one of the best I ever saw :wow:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Crazy that they we're winning 9 games with Bo prlli iand Taylor Martinez though

OSUBaneBrowns

Ohio to California
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Long Beach, CA
The 62-36 game changed college football.
THIS TOO!!!

I remember watching that game during Thanksgiving weekend when I was back in Cleveland. Colorado literally ripped their soul on the field and the Blackshirt defense never been the same since. Lost all their swagger and the program never recover from that soul cleansing of an ass kicking.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
THIS TOO!!!

I remember watching that game during Thanksgiving weekend when I was back in Cleveland. Colorado literally ripped their soul on the field and the Blackshirt defense never been the same since. Lost all their swagger and the program never recover from that soul cleansing of an ass kicking.
That game changed the BCS, lead to the “playoff,” and started college football realignment.

intra vires

Glory to Michigan
Daps
Reppin
The Catholepistemiad
Edit: Redacted. I shouldn't have taken the thread seriously given these two points.

Nebraska is a good school for academics
-LEGENDARY HISTORY
dTYFLkE.gif

History doesn't guarantee you anything but nostalgia.

Michigan and Notre Dame are better than Nebraska in every metric and both are still trying to recapture historical success and consistency.

Hell, until Saban arrived Bama wasn't doing much and they have some of the best facilities, resources, fans, and recruiting grounds in the country.

Last edited:

Mad Good Dro

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Without trying to purposely rile you up since I know you're passionate about it....but the fact that elite stars (in basketball, at least) can play anywhere, means a lot of them probably should be at HBCUs.
Aint no white/Latina girls at HBCUs :LmaoMj: