Why Is It That If A Black Man Is Single Up To His 30's Or 40's He's Suspected As 'Gay'?

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
This has something to do with Cory Booker and people like him. Even though he's pandering with Rosario Dawson, some people are too busy with their careers to focus on relationships. Peoples personal lives should be just that, personal.

Just not with him. I've seen other brothas who's single get hit with this accusation too.

• Dap
Reactions: :-)

Commish

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
OP..

It’s called ignorance. Some people are content with being willfully ignorant. Being single has nothing to do with a person’s sexual orientation.

Also, everyone’s path is different. Everyone is on a different spiritual plane. Some people will go a lifetime struggling to connect with people on a romantic level.

Some people will choose to be single for long periods of time whereas others will do what the majority of people does which is go through the ebbs, flows, peaks and valleys of relationships.

Last edited:

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
OP..

It’s called ignorance. Some people are content with being willfully ignorant. Being single has nothing to do with a person’s sexual orientation.

Also, everyone’s path is different. Everyone is on a different spiritual plane. Some people will go a lifetime struggling to connect with people on a romantic level.

Some people will choose to be single for long periods of time whereas others will do what the majority of people do which is go through the ebbs, flows, peaks and valleys of relationships.
I agree with this statement. We are all different as people even though we do have similarities everyones path is different. While personally, I will date/hookup......I don't want marriage and kids until my mid 30's. It's just sad to see brothas hit with that if they aren't going with the everyday flow of wwhat others are doing.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
They say you're gay cuz you act like a gay man in the closet.

Like sometimes you meet them fruity acting dudes that are always talking about all the women theyre fukking. You just kind of look at them like, really? :jbhmm:

letti cook

Superstar
Daps
i got hit with that for the first time last Thanksgiving

i told my mom a long time ago i dont want kids and i cant keep a relationship cause i get tired of people quickly but she never bought it

she was fed up :mjlol:

i had to assure that if I was gay she'd know it, i wouldnt be ashamed :ehh:

but thats the system. we all supposed to have careers, kids and spouses by 30's..if you buck that, somethings wrong with you

fukk all that...figure yourself out and be that

what's wild to me is it be the people that went through it and still wanna put that bullshyt on you

literally everyone in my family is divorced, struggling financially as a result and has terrible relationships with their children, but looking at me, wondering why I wont partake :gucci:

WesCrook

Veteran
Daps
Because the world is stupid and people are stupid and worry about everyone else's lives.

Their lives suck so they have to create negativity rumors and gossip to find a thrill.

Same goes for:

- Not bringing women around. Perhaps you are low key with the women you fukks with...and rightfully so these days

- Having a male roommate

- Having a convo with someone (usually at work), with someone who happens to be gay. Catty ass females start suspecting. These same females who are quick to label you as a homophobe if you DON'T converse with a gay person. :dahell:

Just pure ignorance

Last edited:

King Jae

Banned
Daps
Cuz if u successful 9/10 women gonna be throwin it at u...u in ur 30s with no kids, no ex wife, no ltr..would seem kinda suspect for don't ya think..it's a natural life progression for most folks...I get being single for periods of time...but on average its not the norm....