Why Is Sean 'Diddy' Combs Accused of So Much Violence Over the Past 30 Years & Why Did the Music Industry Look the Other Way?

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I bet so...
Clive Davis had Fluff on his knees and then busted his bussy while telling him to "Take That, Take that in exchange for label funding for Bad Boy.

:dame:

Say what u want about Suge but he didn't get down like most of these execs. Master P either.

Suge Knight is in the same boat as Puff. Exact same boat.

Master P has had accusations swirling around him too. He even addressed some of them in the music. You know how many former No Limit artists are in jail or dead? You got BBTP and and other No Limit artists saying they weren't properly paid or P didn't look out for them. I personally don't give into accusations, but its not a Black exec that people ain't try yo paint as a snake.

Stick Up Kid

Veteran
WOAT
Daps
Reppin
Newark NJ
:patrice:

Erica Kennedy, a music writer turned novelist who came to wide attention in 2004 with the publication of her first novel, “Bling,” a satirical roman à clef about the world of hip-hop, was found dead last week at her home in Miami Beach. She was 42.

“Published by Miramax Books, “Bling” tells the story of a young, innocent mixed-race woman trying to break into the music business

“Everybody kept talking about how scandalous that book was,” Ms. Kennedy told The New York Times in 2004. “I really didn’t see the big deal. I knew I could write a story about a P. Diddy party and show these people what scandal is really all about.”

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Puff is in a category of 90's rappers and execs who were straight out of the streets and went right to the A list, with very little transition. Most of the guys who we revere have a similar amount of incidents, where they were charged, or whatever, and just ones that happened. Not including the abuse lawsuits.

how would it look through today's eyes, that Nas smashed a bottle on some guys head at a club around 2006?

Or that Jay and his boys beat down and stabbed Un?

Jay and Beyonce supporting Beanie Sigel, who clearly shot some dude in front of a strip club over almost nothing

Puff and Shyne and the club incident

NORE and his podcast, but remember the CNN/JM Hot 97 shootout?

There's lots of violence linked to all those guys from the 90's.
Puff didn't come from the streets

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Damn, Brother Caligula is a menace. I guess Bad Boys do move in silence and violence.

Finesse

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Gotham
man breh got the game in a choke hold. If u partied in NYC u eventually ran into diddy n his click. What they say goes they Gd up FR FR

Its true Puff got NY on another level. A level even beyond Jay-z, 50 etc. Its almost indescribable how he got the game sewed up.

From the governments officials, to the school systems, to the mayor, NYPD, all the way to your local Harlem or Brooklyn shooter. Puff is involved.

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
2020: Mason "Mase" Betha accuses Mr. Combs of purposefully starving his artists.

Makes it seem like bad boy artist really be in the studio like "Puff please. I'm starving. Can I get a pizza? A sandwhich. Can I get just one pepperoni off a pizza between the crust of the month old bread? Puff PLEASE. I aint ate in 13 days :damn:"

Puff standing on the other side of the door taking a bite out of a whole boiled lobster, shells and meat dripping from his mouth and he like "The album is called 18 days nikka so you got 5 more. Open your mouth again asking about some food and I'm going to put this mossburger right on that dangly thing in the back of your throat." :stopitslime:

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Its true Puff got NY on another level. A level even beyond Jay-z, 50 etc. Its almost indescribable how he got the game sewed up.

From the governments officials, to the school systems, to the mayor, NYPD, all the way to your local Harlem or Brooklyn shooter. Puff is involved.

:ohhh:

Yaboysix

That nikka
Daps
Reppin
Tampa Florida
Boy, puffy couldn't have done SHYT to me...

I'm telling EVERYTHING!! And I'm recording everything..no hands or Dycks is touching me, bruh...

Probably why I wouldn't do well in the industry.

:russ:

ZEupTWN

Mid|Range|Game|
Daps
You make enough money for and with enough influential people your connections run deeper than just the pure amount of money or success you have accumulated…

With that said connections can only sustain you so long before your own fukkery and bridge burning get in the way..Nobody is to big to be taken down especially in this digital era…

In Diddy’s case he enjoys the spotlight he’s an entertainer more than anything..Despite the rumors and speculations about him being a scumbag he has always been a master at marketing himself..If he decided years back to lay low and strictly focus on business ventures this story probably wasn’t gonna gain much traction but naw that ain’t in Diddy's nature lol..That’s why it’s interesting to see how far these stories will build up cause up until this point it won’t hit him super hard like people think..